Monday injury report

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
IIRC was he not a starter at that position at one time? Thanks for being snark though. I guess I think too much of our players' abilities to adapt to playing different positions. My bad.
You did recall correctly. My bad. VT 2012 he was the starter.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
I think the closest Perkins came to starting at B Back was when he was behind Lyons in the spring of 2011 but Sims passed both of them. We probably THOUGHT he would be the guy but that never panned out.
Perkins started 2 years ago at VT on a Monday night when Laskey had a seperated shoulder and Sims had shin issues IIRC. He only played a few snaps and fumbled.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Perkins started 2 years ago at VT on a Monday night when Laskey had a seperated shoulder and Sims had shin issues IIRC. He only played a few snaps and fumbled.
Correct, Perkins did start that game and Longestday said that's the game he injured his shoulder. Laskey played the 2nd qtr and Sims had all the b back carries in the 2nd half.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Should be fine.

We will findout today in the injury report but I think he's been practicing.

Perkins is likely out.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
I hope Perkins is good to go. I rolled my ankle in latter part of 3rd qtr in HS but did not take my self out. Kept trying to come back to soon and missed next two games. Perkins walked off and didn't play rest of game so hopefully it has healed but rest of season is important. Fortunately we have a week off after this game. This may be our most important game as a win will do much to get momentum going for a better than average season. I hope Perkins is good to go.

Do we play that annoying gobble gobble when we practice for VT in Blacksburg? I hope they do because I could see it being a distraction for an inexperienced QB.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I hope Perkins is good to go. I rolled my ankle in latter part of 3rd qtr in HS but did not take my self out. Kept trying to come back to soon and missed next two games. Perkins walked off and didn't play rest of game so hopefully it has healed but rest of season is important. Fortunately we have a week off after this game. This may be our most important game as a win will do much to get momentum going for a better than average season. I hope Perkins is good to go.

Do we play that annoying gobble gobble when we practice for VT in Blacksburg? I hope they do because I could see it being a distraction for an inexperienced QB.
Ankle sprains are like hammies in that if you continue to play on them they never get better, they slow you down and probably get worse. If he's not 100%, he needs to sit out.