Monday injury report

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Perkins day to day sounds good. Should be back for Miami in 2 1/2 weeks. I be surprised if he plays, we have a lot of good ABs. But we don't know how serious it is; he did walk off the field.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
Obviously we need CP's blocking on the edge against VT so hope he is good to go. Also curious if he gets any snaps at BB in practice?

I'm curious as to why you think it's so easy to move players to positions that they don't play and then expect them to be productive on Saturdays?

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
Days will get snaps at AB IMO . TZ and BJ aren't getting it done with blocking on the inside. Andrews is rusty per PJ. Make good sense to see SD at AB. He's not contributing at BB as long as ZL is healthy.

Declinometer

Banned
I felt that Days should have spelled ZL more during the game Saturday. Laskey took some good shots and had a lot of carries in that fast pace first half.

AtWork

Jolly Good Fellow
Days will get snaps at AB IMO . TZ and BJ aren't getting it done with blocking on the inside. Andrews is rusty per PJ. Make good sense to see SD at AB. He's not contributing at BB as long as ZL is healthy.

I see what you are getting at in terms of blocking but it takes just one play for Laskey to go down but the same could be said for any of the A Backs as well. I think there is a drop off from Days to Conners and that is why Days has stayed there. Unless they think Leggat can come in and step up at any time I can see the move of Days back to A back but that would be a tough place for a true freshman to get his first playing time at full speed. Not saying he cannot do it but rather it would be much more difficult to become acclimated to the speed of the game.

Andrews needs to have a good week of practice and the same for all of them. I also don't think Perkins will be out that long. I saw him roll his ankle up but who knows the severity. This will be the game where Laskey WILL need to be spelled every 3rd series or so I think. Keep both those guys as fresh as we can. Wouldn't mind seeing TB at QB for a series or two if it helps JT stay fresh.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't think he was over worked in either half. He ended up with 17 carries overall. Not that bad. In a close game you have to play your best. SD will probably get snaps at AB this week with CP banged up. It just makes sense and I wouldn't be surprised at all. He still takes snaps in practice and should be ready to go. Remember CP is the guy who took his job at AB to start the year and I doubt CP will be anywhere near 100% with an ankle/knee injury. SD knows how to play AB.

AtWork

Jolly Good Fellow
17 carries but how many times was he tackled because we ran the TO, ran routes, or blocked for passing plays. It takes a toll on you. I can see SD playing both positions this game. I can see SD coming in at ABack just to block on certain plays as well. You are most likely right that SD is taking snaps at both. I just see a bigger reward spelling ZL on a couple of series. Sometimes you can see something from the sideline that you couldn't see in the game and use it on the next series. I see both ZL and SD as weapons at bback. I don't see a problem rotating them at bback and SD at a and B back.

Declinometer

Banned
17 carries but how many times was he tackled because we ran the TO, ran routes, or blocked for passing plays. It takes a toll on you. I can see SD playing both positions this game. I can see SD coming in at ABack just to block on certain plays as well. You are most likely right that SD is taking snaps at both. I just see a bigger reward spelling ZL on a couple of series. Sometimes you can see something from the sideline that you couldn't see in the game and use it on the next series. I see both ZL and SD as weapons at bback. I don't see a problem rotating them at bback and SD at a and B back.
Laskey actually took himself out at one point. He was very active blocking , carrying the ball and running routes. Keep em fresh when there isn't much drop off.

buzzinanut69

Jolly Good Fellow
IIRC was he not a starter at that position at one time? Thanks for being snark though. I guess I think too much of our players' abilities to adapt to playing different positions. My bad.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well to be consistent, I think we should rotate our BBs more. 17 carries for a BB when he probably hits the middle twice that much more is a lot. We already do rotate the ABs a lot. Maybe we could have JT & Laskey be spelled by Byerly and Days ........

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
IIRC was he not a starter at that position at one time? Thanks for being snark though. I guess I think too much of our players' abilities to adapt to playing different positions. My bad.
I think the closest Perkins came to starting at B Back was when he was behind Lyons in the spring of 2011 but Sims passed both of them. We probably THOUGHT he would be the guy but that never panned out.