Modern CFB Culture - espn article

MaconBacon IM88

Jolly Good Fellow
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27381435/thanks-clemson-acc-better-think

"It starts with how you run your program. I think we're very similar," Satterfield said. "We try to lead with love and not fear. Some programs are going to make you do things; I want these guys to want to do these things, and to me that's Clemson's model. After that, you have to get some talented players.

Sound familiar?

I think this approach to building culture is also very prevalent in workplace....

Some of us here are older guys that played football with the hs coach that would absolutely 'put his hands on you'.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
My peewee coach used "hearing-tobacco." If he caught you not paying attention or not doing what was instructed, he'd pull a little bit of his chaw out and put it in your ear. You had to play the rest of practice with his spit juice running down the side of your face. He was the son of Tom Murphy (former Speaker of the House), and was a former mutt player.

Beerbrewingjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
My peewee coach used "hearing-tobacco." If he caught you not paying attention or not doing what was instructed, he'd pull a little bit of his chaw out and put it in your ear. You had to play the rest of practice with his spit juice running down the side of your face. He was the son of Tom Murphy (former Speaker of the House), and was a former mutt player.

Lol they would throw his *** under the jail today for that.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Satterfield seems like a good man and a good coach doing the right things, but CGC is way more active and progressive in this pursuit. I think the relentless will pay off better and sooner. Louisville may turn into a solid program under Satterfield, but I think it's gonna be a long rebuild. Although we've got a bigger roster management and football scheme/skills overhaul to undertake, CGC took over a team with a healthy culture.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
My travel baseball team when I was maybe 9 or 10 - one by one, we'd field ground balls from a coach in a batting cage who would hit them as hard as he possibly could at us from maybe 40 ft away. Never had difficulty fielding a ground ball in games. We were so good, even if we were covered in bruises, black eyes and bloody noses.