Minnesota Gophers - Ken Niumatalolo

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I don't think he Leaves Navy for the Minnesota. I think they are going to have a hard time finding somebody after what happen with the last coach. I think it will be a hire from within the current staff or some no name coach/somebody that has been a long time assistant.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I don't think he Leaves Navy for the Minnesota. I think they are going to have a hard time finding somebody after what happen with the last coach. I think it will be a hire from within the current staff or some no name coach/somebody that has been a long time assistant.

Was not the guy they just fired from within? Hired before current AD came on board I think.

New AD wants to put his guy in and boycott mess gave him an excuse to make change. Also heard/read the fired coach acted as his own agent.

Wonder why others assume KN, or any coach, would automatically run any particular O or D?

Can really see them go after Central Mich. coach, or whatever team that was in the Cotton Bowl this year.

EDIT: oops, sorry. Just read linked article.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Maybe it's assumed because he has ran it the last 9 seasons of his coaching career??? o_O
And the fact that since Johnson brought it to U of Hawaii and "N" saw a demonstrably inferior Hawaii team -- his description -- run the ball up and down the field against bigger, better teams and commenced to swear by the spread option at that moment. Again, his recounting. And that he has at every opportunity I have seen (in print) laud the offense and Johnson's offensive mind, and his simplification of the game of football -- it is just about numbers and angles . He ain't no fool and he would have to be to sign on to a Big Ten job and then dump the offense that got him there in favor of one he has never coached. Those are called career ending decisions. I'd love to see his rendition up there, though. It would be great fun to hear the OSU and Michigans and MSUs whine about cut blocking and chop blocking and ... (Do you notice by the way that none of Navy's or Army's opponents whine like GT's opponents? Are they more manly up thataway?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
If Coach Ken leaves Navy, it's not going to be for Minnesota. Minnesota can "contact" whoever they like, doesn't mean other coaches will reciprocate. Minnesota asked permission to speak with Penn State's OC, but the OC told Minnesota he wasn't even interested.

It's going to be a root canal of a search for Minnesota.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Was not the guy they just fired from within? Hired before current AD came on board I think.

New AD wants to put his guy in and boycott mess gave him an excuse to make change. Also heard/read the fired coach acted as his own agent.

Wonder why others assume KN, or any coach, would automatically run any particular O or D?

Can really see them go after Central Mich. coach, or whatever team that was in the Cotton Bowl this year.

EDIT: oops, sorry. Just read linked article.
Read somewhere else that the Western mich coach was the first on the list. I don't think he or his type (up and coming coach) will waste what might be your only shot on a school that did the past coach the way they did.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Read somewhere else that the Western mich coach was the first on the list. I don't think he or his type (up and coming coach) will waste what might be your only shot on a school that did the past coach the way they did.
If Fleck wanted a B10 job he would've taken the Purdue gig. I like Fleck but we are really going to see what he's made of next year. WMU was a senior laden team. Going to be interesting to see how he follows up this season. I think he should've jumped to another job but there's a reason I'm not his agent. Or anyone else's for that matter. Lol

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
And the fact that since Johnson brought it to U of Hawaii and "N" saw a demonstrably inferior Hawaii team -- his description -- run the ball up and down the field against bigger, better teams and commenced to swear by the spread option at that moment. Again, his recounting. And that he has at every opportunity I have seen (in print) laud the offense and Johnson's offensive mind, and his simplification of the game of football -- it is just about numbers and angles . He ain't no fool and he would have to be to sign on to a Big Ten job and then dump the offense that got him there in favor of one he has never coached. Those are called career ending decisions. I'd love to see his rendition up there, though. It would be great fun to hear the OSU and Michigans and MSUs whine about cut blocking and chop blocking and ... (Do you notice by the way that none of Navy's or Army's opponents whine like GT's opponents? Are they more manly up thataway?

Thought CPJ adopted the TO after UofH, but do not know.

What is really great fun to hear is the whineaholics start screaming whenever they read some perceived attack on the TO, even when D is mentioned in same thread.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Thought CPJ adopted the TO after UofH, but do not know.

What is really great fun to hear is the whineaholics start screaming whenever they read some perceived attack on the TO, even when D is mentioned in same thread.

He developed spread option at GS and took it to UH.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
LOTS of spread teams in that conference now.

Ol' Jim Harbaugh at Michigan is going to confuse a lot of DCs in that league with his 1980's offense. What's a fullback? 2 tight ends on the field at the same time?!