Mills

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
My Uncle by marriage was from Waycross high school and he went to tech and played Wrecker back for Tech and was a Team captain in either 1966 or 1967.He held the record for tackles in one game for quite awhile (17 I believe ) . Now I am 75 now so memory could be off somewhat. His name is David Barber and I am only replying to inform all that we have had other really good players from the area.
That was back when Waycross was the football power and Ware Country could never beat them. Always thought it was ironic that when the schools combined they took the Ware County name, Gators, rather than the Waycross name, Bulldogs, given that the town was crawling with Georgia fans.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
My Uncle by marriage was from Waycross high school and he went to tech and played Wrecker back for Tech and was a Team captain in either 1966 or 1967.He held the record for tackles in one game for quite awhile (17 I believe ) . Now I am 75 now so memory could be off somewhat. His name is David Barber and I am only replying to inform all that we have had other really good players from the area.
So your uncle is younger than you? Great story by the way!

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I don't think that's the case. PJ's been calling them "1A" and "1B" a lot lately so I'm sure both will get plenty of burn.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Mills > Fournette
image.jpg

NorthGaJacket15

Jolly Good Fellow
See thread title. Typically gives clue to discussion contents.
No offense, but many of you guys go way off the rails way to often to "count on" the thread title. I was missing the context of a true freshman adding 10-15 lbs from "hitting the weights" because i forgot for the moment he had come in early and was here during spring.

I thought maybe someone (possibly whom I have on "ignore") had mentioned another name and that was in response to it.

Looking forward to Game Day!!

NatvAtln

Georgia Tech Fan
So your uncle is younger than you? Great story by the way!
I always said my grandfather was a (hard working ) man as in reality he was what with seven children. My youngest Aunt and David are both four years younger than I am. My late father ( deceased 15 years now) was one of the biggest Tech fans around . He always predicted we would go undefeated etc. every year. I wish he had been around to see the 2014 team especially. My son and I have taken over his spot in going to games . Many found memories of Tech games and taking kids to freshman Ga and Ga Tech games. The away games of the SEC days were always great times. I am one of Coach Johnsons biggest fans and I hope we put it back together this year.
I believe we are starting to build some depth and can become a more consistent winner.