Mikell Lands-Davis

Deleted member 2897

I feel bad for him, but glad he is continuing on with school, at least for now. He seemed to be a jack-of-all-trades. He could be BB, AB, WR. Very good, but always had people ahead of him at any position, so he never made the field much.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I'm not surprised but how many experienced guys can we lose even if they are back-ups ,without it hurting us significantly.This is a BUNCH!

bigsands

Jolly Good Fellow
I was hoping return to a back would get his career back on track. Was supposed to RS, then position change, too bad it didn't work out.

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
I hope Gantt is as good as advertised. We are very thin at AB. I hope Cottrell steps up this year.
I think we are pretty deep at A-back. Searcy, Lynch, and Green all return and saw significant playing time last year. Lynch is amazing and those other 2 are no slouches themselves. We will be fine. If Gantt or Cottrell step up and get meaningful playing time over the aforementioned 3, then we should be amazing. I'm thrilled with Searcy, Lynch and Green as the 3 main guys in AB rotation.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
"Georgia Tech began Coaches' Runs on Monday but they are down a man as junior receiver/slot Mikell Lands-Davis has decided to leave the football program. Lands-Davis is still enrolled at Tech and will continue his education, but he does not want to play football for the Yellow Jackets."

Has lost the fire I guess... At least he is continuing with school.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Too many are leaving. Something seems amiss. I realize that Tech is a tough place just for the regular student and it takes dedication and self-discipline to make it (er-get out). The demands of football on top may be just too much for some of the kids and those that aren't playing regularly as starters may decide it just isn't worth it. I hope our new AD can take a look at what's going on and help keep these kids motivated. We sure don't seem to have the BB team members quitting. MLD is staying in school this semester since it is half over. No reason to leave in the middle of the semester. Whether he stays after the term is over will probably depend on whether he wants to play FB anymore. I wish him well whatever he choses and thanks to him for all the time and effort he put into the team so far. He made a lot of sacrifices to move positions for the good of the team.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
I think we are pretty deep at A-back. Searcy, Lynch, and Green all return and saw significant playing time last year. Lynch is amazing and those other 2 are no slouches themselves. We will be fine. If Gantt or Cottrell step up and get meaningful playing time over the aforementioned 3, then we should be amazing. I'm thrilled with Searcy, Lynch and Green as the 3 main guys in AB rotation.
Don't forget about Omahri Jarrett. Benson could play AB as well, depending on the freshmen RB's (one of them could go to AB too). And, then a QB could also end up there depending on how they shake out.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
This is definitely something I worried about when I saw him moving around so much. Kind of a Marcus Allen syndrome where he was put where there was little depth, but never gained enough experience to move into the rotation. I remember he had a lot of appreciation for GT because we stood by him through his marijuana incident his senior year, it was a big reason he stuck with his commitment when other schools came knocking. Still, I appreciate his contributions where he got the chance to make them. In the end, he got 2 free years of tuition and it looks like he'll try to finish his degree. Good luck to him.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
"Georgia Tech began Coaches' Runs on Monday but they are down a man as junior receiver/slot Mikell Lands-Davis has decided to leave the football program. Lands-Davis is still enrolled at Tech and will continue his education, but he does not want to play football for the Yellow Jackets."

Has lost the fire I guess... At least he is continuing with school.

Or maybe he had a talk with coaches and decided to pursue football elsewhere. It happens sometimes. I hope he finishes and is able to say he's a GT grad.

Just one of those guys who could play multiple positions but just couldn't find a home where he could be a star. Recruited as a BB, played AB his first year, moved to WR....just a talented guy that was in a "jack of all trades, master of none" situation.