Mike Leach trick play

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Leach is a jerk, but he's innovative. And apparently he doesn't mind good input and observations from fans -- consider this twist on the old swinging gate play, but with a diagonal snap toward the QB, and snagged by a running back. Very cool.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/sep/03/bizarre-trick-play-in-3rd-quarter-of-wyoming-game-/

BTW: If the snapper is at the end of the offensive line, not wearing a number from 50 to 79, then the snapper would be an eligible pass receiver under NCAA rules. Just another twist which could be explored.

ctcjb

Georgia Tech Fan
I would love to see CPJ use some of the old spinner (full spin/half spin) series in short yardage. It would be a throwback to some old school, unbalanced single wing and would get lots of attention (like Leach did).

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
I would love to see CPJ use some of the old spinner (full spin/half spin) series in short yardage. It would be a throwback to some old school, unbalanced single wing and would get lots of attention (like Leach did).

Amen to that. Some of that deceptive single-wing stuff would be fun, particularly the buck (i.e., dive)-lateral; I'd also welcome seeing some snaps from center, between the QB's legs, direct to the B-back, a ploy that Michigan State used successfully under coach Biggie Munn in early 1950s. (Munn only went 54-9-2 in seven seasons at MSU, with a couple of national championships and a Rose Bowl victory, so the occasional "gimmick" obviously didn't hurt.)