Midtown Connector Project courtesy of @Rodandanga

Not sure what the yellow area on the map identified as "easements" is, but it would seem to include more than O'Keefe Gym. It looks like it will require the destruction of the dorms on the northeast side of Williams Street and the parking lot for the Dome.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
A rather significant building is going up on the south side of North Ave opposite Wardlaw. When I drove by it a couple of months ago, the signs on the site alluded to it being student housing. Maybe this is replacement housing for what the DOT might take out.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
In searching for more info on this due to our firewall at work blocking that URL, I came across an article that says that engineering proposals are currently being solicited for upgrading the 10th bridge to multi-modal.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I don't remember hearing about this interstate tunnel to provide a park over the roadway before. There is a project downtown to do basically the same thing: https://www.atlantadowntown.com/initiatives/the-stitch That has been in the works for since about 2015 or 2016. There is a project to do basically the same thing around Lenox Mall that had 360 panoramic renderings in 2017. https://www.buckheadcid.com/plans-and-studies/park-over-ga-400/

This appears to be something like a copy of those proposals, but 3-5 years behind them. If these keep being proposed, and the projects are actually built, then driving through Atlanta down 400 from Lenox to past downtown might all be inside a tunnel.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Sorry to be late to the party, I just saw this.

It could really help integrate what Tech is doing with Tech Square to the main campus. What are they doing with 6th street?
They are about to start phase 4 of of Tech Square. (I think that is phase 4?)

Very interesting. But what would the cost be? $50M, $100M?