Michigan State Mess

Deleted member 2897

Hey, if UNC can get away with totally fake classes....why not?

The main thing is did regular students sexually assault students as well? According to the UNCheat precedent, the NCAA has no purview as long as the problems are widespread.

This stuff is disgusting - suppressing athletes names and stuff? Good Lord. Burn the place down.

Think about the passion and loyalty we feel towards Georgia Tech. Half of Universities are women at most places. They should not feel the very university that is a part of their soul is also protecting sexual predators and violent criminals in their midst.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I think the whole situation is extremely disturbing. The FEDS should be investigating Title IX violations and possibly if the civil rights of the victims were violated. The State and local police should be investigating the crimes and if any of the University or athletic personnel were complicit with the crimes, or obstructed justice by covering the crimes up. I don't understand why the NCAA should be involved in this at all. I don't understand what NCAA rule about amateurism and competition is alleged to have occurred.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I think the whole situation is extremely disturbing. The FEDS should be investigating Title IX violations and possibly if the civil rights of the victims were violated. The State and local police should be investigating the crimes and if any of the University or athletic personnel were complicit with the crimes, or obstructed justice by covering the crimes up. I don't understand why the NCAA should be involved in this at all. I don't understand what NCAA rule about amateurism and competition is alleged to have occurred.
Yeah this is a sordid situation that when all is said and done may rank up there with the Penn State mess:vomit:

Last edited:

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I agree. Sanctions by the NCAA will probably follow the regular criminal prosecutions and the civil suits. (Btw, I wouldn't be a defendants lawyer in one of those for all gold in Ft. Knox.) But the NCAA did investigate MSU and they were misled by officials there. You might recall a slight offshore storm caused at an institution we all know by not cooperating openly with an NCAA probe. Here they covered the whole business up. That's going to lead to Big Trouble in Little China soon.

And once the NCAA gets finished, Congress will no doubt give the situation a long look. Especially after the mid-terms.

Deleted member 2897

I’ve seen 2 interviews with Izzo in the last day. He refused to answer questions in both. If he didn’t do anything wrong or hear/see anything wrong, he’d never plead the 5th like that. Buh. Bye.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Izzo should not be immune either considering his program was also implicated in a sex assault coverup.

I apologize. I misspoke. Izzo's program was not implicated in "a" sex assault coverup, it was implicated in at least 2 sex assault coverups.

Oh and one domestic violence HE SAID, she said situation which of course led to no charges.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer

Realizes who the AG is, probably not.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I apologize. I misspoke. Izzo's program was not implicated in "a" sex assault coverup, it was implicated in at least 2 sex assault coverups.

Oh and one domestic violence HE SAID, she said situation which of course led to no charges.
What do you think GT’s punishment is going to be? I’d guess 2 years probation and loss of 5-10 scholarships between what’s going on at Louisville and MSU maybe more if a third school gets into the act.

Deleted member 2897

What do you think GT’s punishment is going to be? I’d guess 2 years probation and loss of 5-10 scholarships between what’s going on at Louisville and MSU maybe more if a third school gets into the act.

I dunno. I had an email exchange with CJP before. I have a couple friends from years ago who went to Michigan State. I like to take naps, which some people describe as getting some zzz’s, and Izzo has 2 Z’s. That all might be enough for the death penalty for us.