Miami Series (+WCU)

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Last night's Western Carolina game was probably the best of the year. We fell behind 0-4 in the first with our starter, Shelton, getting 4 Earned Runs and one out. It would have been easy to give up, but we scored a bunch (5) in the second and had great pitching to win 7-5. WCU has a great offense and left 12 on base, it was timely relief pitching with 6 relievers that did it. http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-basebl/recaps/031114aaa.html

Best team of the year to date with Miami (#22) this weekend. Who knows, our hitting is coming around a bit. Hope springs eternal. The starters for us will be interesting with the questions about King and Cruz gone :nailbiting::facepalm::(

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We'll find out about King probably tomorrow (Thursday) when the weekend starters are announced.

I was looking at collegebaseballdaily and they have a projection of the 64 teams going to the NCAA. Of course we aren't one of them, we have played two teams on the NCAA list and split (VCU and WCU) them. Against teams not even on the list, we are 8-6. So no way do we deserve to be there. http://www.collegebaseballdaily.com...CollegeBaseballDaily+(College+Baseball+Daily)

But we have 6 series coming up with teams on the list. So there is a chance for redemption!! (y):cry::mad:

Last edited:

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
Pitching has gone from being really deep, to really thin pretty quick. But I really think if Grimes can stay healthy we have a shot.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
King and Pitts are out for the series :cry::mad: http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/031314aaa.html

Don't know who is going to start Friday or Saturday. With Cruz gone, our strength has turned to our weakness.

Combine this with basketball injuries and we must have really pissed off the Gods. Good thinkg that Hall has so many pitchers on the roster. I think we'll see a lot of staff days on the weekend series.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I was at a Shamrockin party and fortunately missed it all. The last 2 for Miami in the ninth must have been a killer. Ironic that we had the hitting but not the pitching. Maybe Miami wants to win to ....... just a thought.

We need at least one win today or I'm with the others that the season is not going to end with ACC tourney or NCAAs. Not that it matters; what will be will be.

thocut

Jolly Good Fellow
Danny Hall calling for the 0 out sac bunt with Pabst...:vomit: Good thing he still managed a hit with 2 strikes on him

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Never a question that we would win the series over Miami. :facepalm: Unfricking believable.

We've scored 31 runs in the last 4 games, 24 against Miami. Where did this hitting come from? Just hope it stays for a while. Great way to get the season going.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Looking back on the weekend, not only did we win the series, but the one game we lost was down to the last inning. So we split the close ones and won one comfortably (although it was with a massive eighth).

Scoring all those runs make up for a lot of other things -- we lost Fridays game because of 5 errors which gave up 3 unearned runs ..... and lost by 2. But we had 15 hits in the Friday game. To have been swept in this series (which is where my head was after the 5 errors in a game), would have been a back breaker.

BUt came back on the games yesterday and only committed 3 total errors in two games (Miami committed 4) to win.

Really puts a new light on things beating the best team we have played all season. Still have 38 or so games to go with 19 done. It's how you finish and we are coming into the mid stretch.