Miami Postgame #GTvsMIA

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
What a game. Mason balled out. Pressley Harvin is the MAN. And the D had some nice moments. There were these 3 back to back plays where we held them to -7 yards over 3 plays. That's -2.3 yards per play. Excellent series

Sack by Ja'Quon Griffin on 1st down
giphy.gif

Tre Swilling sniffing out the screen and tackling for a loss
giphy.gif

Tre Swilling breaking up the pass on 3rd and long

giphy.gif

Tre is a baller

Sure is. First PI against him seemed like a bad call. The one hold was a smart play -- prevent a TD when he was beat, and I think that was a drive they missed the FG on. He was money as usual today. Gonna be a great pro too.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
They called forward progress. Elbow was down more around the 5. The thing with the camera angle is that you don’t know which hand he had it in and being behind him it makes him look further forward. It equaled out the horrible PI call that would have required them to kick a FG in the 1st qtr. also the illegal formation was a bad call. Our gunner was inline with the rest of the linemen.

I agree. We won, beat Da U and that is all that matters. Our team worked for this and wanted it more than those prima donnas did.

BilldGopher

Jolly Good Fellow
Great season for y'all so far, and I know you were glad to see what happened to the Badgers Saturday.

Winner, winner, chickin dinner! Didn't mind the beatdown on Nebraska last week either...

If we prevail against Maryland next weekend...the Gophers will be 8-0 going against a very likely 8-0 Penn State here in Minneapolis. Starting to dream big things in Coach Fleck's 3rd season with us.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
And while Mason balled out Graham did a heck of a job picking up yards with his feet when needed.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

And of course Graham got his through the air as well. Heck of a job stepping up into the pocket on the TD throw
giphy.gif

JGs ability to make plays when things break down will kill the morale of opposing DS.

That throw looked like all arm. The catch was ridiculous too.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
upload_2019-10-20_22-5-50.jpeg

Saw this on IG. Riq might block a FG or two if we can get him lined up right. Shades up Michael Johnson. Just a bit off the right line...haha.

BilldGopher

Jolly Good Fellow
Your team has made most every game exciting so far this year. Hope y’all continue to improve and win out. I’m not usually a big fan of teams that beat us (especially in bowls) but I like them golden gophers. :)

Thanks very much WC. I truly believe that game prep for the bowl with the Jackets is paying off for us this year. So I'm clear that's a compliment to your squad. Playing GT in PJ's last game as HC made us a better team.

A note to both you and Madison Grant...OUR TEAMs have won the Natty several times...but not Wisconsin...EVER.

As for now...in coachspeak...Coach Fleck would call this "Year Zero" for the Jackets...because it's only up from here. This makes a lot more sense for us now in Year Two (or Three depending on how you count)...than at the start. Bottom line is to figure out who the Jackets want to be and then realize it.

Regardless, guessing another "upset" or two will feel pretty good. Good luck from here.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
The choke hold on Tre Swilling...
One of their players was literally chocking one of our guys on the ground. I believe the freshman Yondjouen was the one getting chocked, he kinda pushed the guy away and the ref “got in between” but no flag.