Miami 1/4/23 - GAME THREAD

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Out rebounded them !!

Glad that Miami didn't shoot with the hill of beans behind a 3.0 arc today. Of course, some of that is due to our defense.

Screenshot_20230104-210818.png

2ndgenjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I thought having Deebo starting as primary point guard confused their D and the offense seemed to move a little smoother. Maybe because the threat of the 2nd handoff has to be honored as potential 3 which spread the floor? I know he got picked a few times but it seemed effective and would like to see it more.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Kudos to the jackets. Really nice win

I only saw the last 10-12 min but we ran the modified Princeton maybe 40% of the time? Nice to see what Terry in particular can do with an open lane

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
Kudos to the jackets. Really nice win

I only saw the last 10-12 min but we ran the modified Princeton maybe 40% of the time? Nice to see what Terry in particular can do with an open lane
We seemed to get the ball to Howard and out of his hands quicker. We also ran some weave up top that got the perimeter guys moving. It beat running 12 plus seconds off the clock just to get to the second pass!

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Gotta eat my crow after this one. I know we all get frustrated with Deivon Smith's game but that ORB and putback to give us a 2 point lead shows up beyond the scoresheet. The mental/emotional impact for both teams of a 6'-on-a-good-day guard making that play impacts ensuing possessions.

Kind of typical Thrillerdome crowd - pretty disinterested until the final media timeout, but the energy really helped own that final 10-0 run. How many times this season have we forced a shot clock violation? That was clutch. Really good defensive energy all night and they could not get any clean looks on isos. Not really Miami's best shooting night, especially from Wong, but those are the ebbs and flows of a college basketball season and we took advantage of it to get the W. Cautiously optimistic heading into 2 winnable road games that could pull us back to .500. The Pitt game will be a madhouse if we can win 3 straight here.