Message from Coach Collins

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer

What a surreal 5-6 days in been in our city/country/world. With a wife and many family members in the medical profession, I can tell you it's imperative that we do everything we can to avoid overrun our healthcare system. Appreciate people like CGC doing his part to get the message out there. Seems like we live in a time with highest velocity of information but also a time with biggest numbers of idiots among us.

Tech Lawyer

Jolly Good Fellow
I am really hoping Coach is becoming a Tech man. He wants to be. I think we all like that about him. He embraces Georgia Tech and the City of Atlanta. Over time he can even be a leader to this City. Football is important , but being a Tech man is so much more! I didn't go to school at Tech , but having grown up in Atlanta it means something. People look at you different. They look at you with respect. I think our guys are embracing this. At another school 70 miles down the road it is all about making it to the NFL and getting the cash. While certainly UGA has had some fine players who are outstanding citizens, when have you ever heard of anyone being referred to as a Georgia man? Respectfully, it just doesn't command the same level of respect. I recently saw a clip of a Dabo press conference concerning the Tech game and when referring to Tech's players his comment was something like, " their players are pretty smart guys..." That is what everyone thinks. Go Jackets!

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Certainly better than our current options
Tech was 3 - 8 last year.

But, seriously, that was a great film and I'm glad he did it. That's the way we should all look at this crisis.

I'm not sure we'll get to watch football next year, however. The recent Imperial College COVID-19 Response Team Report predicts that, if we succeed in "flattening the curve", we can expect a resurgence of the virus right around October due to a lack of herd immunity. If we have anti-virals online by then some of us might be willing to risk Grant Field. Not me; I'm 73. I can't risk being packed in there with the rest of you. But … I sure do hope they're wrong.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer

But, seriously, that was a great film and I'm glad he did it. That's the way we should all look at this crisis.

I'm not sure we'll get to watch football next year, however. The recent Imperial College COVID-19 Response Team Report predicts that, if we succeed in "flattening the curve", we can expect a resurgence of the virus right around October due to a lack of herd immunity. If we have anti-virals online by then some of us might be willing to risk Grant Field. Not me; I'm 73. I can't risk being packed in there with the rest of you. But … I sure do hope they're wrong.

You mean the same time that the flu appears every year?? Interesting.

But seriously, take normal precautions that are common sense and take care of yourselves. Looking forward to seeing all of yall this fall!

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer

This.

Based on what is being reported out of Europe right now with the number of younger (millenials) people in intensive care, it might be more than just the over 60 crowd, which I am very close to already.