Film Room Merry Christmas, y'all!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Sean Bedford has a bright future ahead of him in his chosen profession (patent lawyer!) and in the booth...but a part of me really wishes he would have gone into coaching. His passion, intelligence, and personality would have been perfect as the HC for GT one day.

Sean would have done well no matter what he got involved in though.

BobintheATL99

Jolly Good Fellow
Sean Bedford has a bright future ahead of him in his chosen profession (patent lawyer!) and in the booth...but a part of me really wishes he would have gone into coaching. His passion, intelligence, and personality would have been perfect as the HC for GT one day.

Sean would have done well no matter what he got involved in though.

I've asked him many times on various forums, "are you bad at anything???" I can't seem to come up with anything and he's never answered.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer

U(sic)GA Radio Last Two Drives

Thanks for posting that. The dwag announcers were a lot more subdued than they were two years ago and weren't making stuff up this time ( I could give you a list of several total fabrications on their part in 2014 ). It was like our coming back and beating them didn't surprise them at all this year. Hopefully they will feel that way for years to come, and with Kirby Smart? as their coach, I think they will.

BobintheATL99

Jolly Good Fellow
Thanks for posting that. The dwag announcers were a lot more subdued than they were two years ago and weren't making stuff up this time ( I could give you a list of several total fabrications on their part in 2014 ). It was like our coming back and beating them didn't surprise them at all this year. Hopefully they will feel that way for years to come, and with Kirby Smart? as their coach, I think they will.

I think they were used to it this year. I think the call of the Tennessee ending went something like, "pass into the end zone... caught... Tennesse wins... <click> <queue post game show music>"
No emotion...

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

We dodged a bullet in this one guys. We needed every single poor play by them to pull this out. Yes, we made some plays, too, but they had several unforced, bone-headed, extremely costly mistakes. The INT that set up the game winner was huge. That receiver was wide open and Eason simple threw a bad ball under no duress. That dude had a lot of green, too. Then on the mutts final failed drive of the game, Nauta missed a ball on 3rd and 2 that easily puts them on our 45 with about 15 seconds left. Even though, the ball was low and to the outside while the receiver was turned inside, it was still very catchable.

What concerns me about the second play above is that AJ, who had Nauta, was literally 27 yards off the LOS and he reacted late to the throw. If he's just 5 yards shallower, reads the qb's eyes (who stares down his target) and breaks on the throw, he'd have been in position to put a highlight reel lick on Nauta making their f'up moot.

Look at 33:54.

We lucked out but I guess luck was on our side for a change.

BobintheATL99

Jolly Good Fellow
We dodged a bullet in this one guys. We needed every single poor play by them to pull this out. Yes, we made some plays, too, but they had several unforced, bone-headed, extremely costly mistakes. The INT that set up the game winner was huge. That receiver was wide open and Eason simple threw a bad ball under no duress. That dude had a lot of green, too. Then on the mutts final failed drive of the game, Nauta missed a ball on 3rd and 2 that easily puts them on our 45 with about 15 seconds left. Even though, the ball was low and to the outside while the receiver was turned inside, it was still very catchable.

What concerns me about the second play above is that AJ, who had Nauta, was literally 27 yards off the LOS and he reacted late to the throw. If he's just 5 yards shallower, reads the qb's eyes (who stares down his target) and breaks on the throw, he'd have been in position to put a highlight reel lick on Nauta making their f'up moot.

Look at 33:54.

We lucked out but I guess luck was on our side for a change.

Very much so. This is the first year that I've felt we had the golden lucky horseshoe stuck to us. There were a lot of plays that could have turned this game the other way.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

LOL, this is the first time I noticed Blankenship shake hands with Buzz after the game :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

upload_2016-12-9_10-5-37.png