Mercer

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Good article on Parr at http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/042114aaa.html

He is our fourth starter now, and a Freshman. It is still amazing to me that we lost 3 top starters (King, Cruz and Pitts) and are doing as well as we are.

A lot of credit to the pitching coach - Howell. These kids all have talent, he helps them with the mental aspect which is the hardest.

We lost the last game 1-4 with 46F and a 22 mph wind to RF. Hopefully our bats will be hot tonight because they weren't hot over the cool weekend. It wasn't so much that we played bad baseball, we just didn't get the hits against Mercer last time.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Good article on Parr at http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/042114aaa.html

He is our fourth starter now, and a Freshman. It is still amazing to me that we lost 3 top starters (King, Cruz and Pitts) and are doing as well as we are.

A lot of credit to the pitching coach - Howell. These kids all have talent, he helps them with the mental aspect which is the hardest.

We lost the last game 1-4 with 46F and a 22 mph wind to RF. Hopefully our bats will be hot tonight because they weren't hot over the cool weekend. It wasn't so much that we played bad baseball, we just didn't get the hits against Mercer last time.

What actually happened to King? I don't remember hearing anything other than he was injured.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Nolan Alexander just e-mailed me "He's (King) still trying to get healthy. It's been a lot of touch and go but I know he is showing progress. He traveled with the team last weekend and is with the team today. When I hear any new updates I will be sure to relay."

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Nolan Alexander just e-mailed me "He's (King) still trying to get healthy. It's been a lot of touch and go but I know he is showing progress. He traveled with the team last weekend and is with the team today. When I hear any new updates I will be sure to relay."

Hmm fair enough thought I just missed something.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I hope the game is cancelled. The fewer games at the end of the year the better.

Or we play them next week when no mid week game is scheduled. (Between NCState and VT)

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Wow we are playing bad baseball tonight. 4 errors. Down 2-3. The go ahead run was a Mercer player stealing home.

Justus with 2 errors- first in 24 games. Ouch. He has been fabulous this year.

Parr pitching well. Only T6 so we have a chance.... but we have to play better.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We tied it up in B9, 3-3. Extra innings. Could have gotten 1 more in the 8th but runner thrown out at home.

Having given up four errors and allowing a steal of home, we are very lucky to be going to extra innings. Sam Clay pitched really well. Now Issacs in. He threw 70 pitches on Sunday in scoreless relief. So we have a chance, if we don't commit any more errors!!! I don't like using up pitchers before NCState.

Issacs started off with a SO:p