Mercer Prepared for TO?

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Mercer should be good to evaluate, what we have learned about our assignments on offense this week. They played a TO team past weekend and plenty of time to prepare. Got penalized 10 times to one against Citadel and only lost by 1.

Coach is right if we don't execute assignments and still confused where to go, will be a close game. I would think it will be a good test of whether we have learned to get our assignments and reads correct.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Citadel doesn't have JT, Mills, Marcus Marshall, Qua Searcy, Lynch, et al. It's one thing to know where to go. But even as CPJ says, physical superiority cancels all theory. Citadel has some good players but the talent level is much different. I hope.

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
The Citadel wasn't operating at full strength itself last week, having played without its 1st-string QB since he was suspended for the Mercer game. That said, Mercer did play against a "Tech-ish" offense against a fellow FCS level opponent who's pretty good -- just ask the SC Gamecocks about facing The Citadel late last season. Mercer has played Citadel's offense pretty tough for three seasons now, so -- this might not be an Alcorn State beat down; coach Lamb will have the Bears as prepared as best they can. If Tech players don't take the game seriously, we could see a repeat of the 2014 Wofford game.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Be on the lookout for TE Sam Walker. Went to school together and had weight traning together. He works out almost as hard as Jalen and does some amazing things . On Fridays we got to lift then go play basketball or football, so to brag.... I have dunked on him in bball and broke up the play twice in the redzone...but....it was out of 10 attempts :) #CoverSkillsStillBetterThanMarcordes

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
The point I was trying to make was Mercer should be showing schemes that will allow CPJ to evaluate the problems he is so pissed about against BC and are they corrected.
We can possibly out talent them but proper execution is what CPJ is looking for as well and after BC maybe more so..
To beat Clem Son we will need to execute the TO as taught and drilled into the minds of our players. Mercer is a mid term, Vandy will be a final. Clemson will be graduation with a tiger tail for a tassel.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I hope they are well prepared too, forcing us to execute and play with fire to be successful. That is the only way playing this game will be of any value. I want this game to make us better as well as result in a win.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I hope they are well prepared too, forcing us to execute and play with fire to be successful. That is the only way playing this game will be of any value. I want this game to make us better as well as result in a win.

I wish we scheduled a better team, but with cancellations you take who ever is open. I think that was the case with this game when a one & one was cancelled.

a5ehren

Jolly Good Fellow
I wish we scheduled a better team, but with cancellations you take who ever is open. I think that was the case with this game when a one & one was cancelled.
I don't really have a problem scheduling a bad team right after coming back from Ireland. Seems like a good idea, and we're going to schedule one of these every year anyway.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Be on the lookout for TE Sam Walker. Went to school together and had weight traning together. He works out almost as hard as Jalen and does some amazing things . On Fridays we got to lift then go play basketball or football, so to brag.... I have dunked on him in bball and broke up the play twice in the redzone...but....it was out of 10 attempts :) #CoverSkillsStillBetterThanMarcordes
I told y'all #87 Sam Walker is a baller. Every time they threw to him something good happened

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
Mercer recruits Gwinnett Co. and the surrounding areas hard. Most of those guys have seen athletes like ours before, if not a whole team full of them. I was VERY impressed with their coach, too. It could've been worse. We could've played a 2 pt. game with Nicholls State...