Men’s game v Alabama A&M Postponed

techdad02

Georgia Tech Fan
THE FLATS – Thursday’s men’s basketball game between Georgia Tech and Alabama A&M has been postponed due to health and safety protocols within Georgia Tech’s program.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Guys, if you want to discuss how the health of our players impacted this decision, this is the thread. If you want to discuss COVID, take to the Lounge.

Jacket Forever

Jolly Good Fellow
This does not surprise me at all. Devoe and Howard both looked less than healthy last night and two others were out. Put this game aside and get well. Hopefully the rest are OK.
In the after game presser Josh said that Rodney had a bad ankle from before the USC game and was particularly bothered by it in the Georgia State game. I kinda agree too that both Rodney and Michael looked less than energetic...but I guess that could also be other things like the quick turnaround and travel across time zones ( jet lag) for example.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
If you do not agree with how the ACC or Ga Tech is dealing with the pandemic, the GTSwarm Basketball and Football forums are not appropriate for your thoughts. Take your arguments to the Swarm Lounge if you think that is an important topic to discuss. A lot of us have had it with the arguments about COVID. We, and the teams, have to deal with whatever the rules say. Thanks.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Guys, if you want to discuss how the health of our players impacted this decision, this is the thread. If you want to discuss COVID, take to the Lounge.
Wrong. The post is relevnant to Georgia Tech basketball in that they aren’t playing due to the policy and I posted in a thread related to the game they cannot play. I don’t inject COVID talk into every thread, but in this one it is appropriate given that the game was postponed due to COVID. There is literally nothing else to discuss in this thread other than COVID since the game in fact is postponed and will not be played because of it.

If you disagree then just post info about the game being canceled and close or move the entire thread.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Supposedly Bubba and Coleman were both in the COVID protocols prior to the GA ST game.

With the incredible transmisibility of the current variant and the fact that if you don't have the booster shot the vaccines give only limited protection against infection, it should not be surprising to see this. There are already over 40 programs in Div 1 basketball that are in team protocols and not able to practice or play right now. I expect that number to increase by a significant amount over the next 1-2 weeks.

Most conferences have decided in the last week to change their forfeit rules because of the new variant.

I expect by February things to largely be fine, but January is going to be a really tough month for college baketball.

GRGT96

Georgia Tech Fan
By the way, no refunds are allowed on Covid-ed games. I understand they don't want to lose the revenue, but I hate losing $100 when we can't make it to the rescheduled game.