Megatron didn't like Lions' treatment at end

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I live in Michigan. The Lions always have and will be a horse **** franchise. There's obviously a reason why arguably the greatest running back and who could have been one of the best receivers of all time just decided to retire in there prime. They will never win a super bowl until the Ford family is out. They're nothing more than a further north version of the Browns.

northgajacket

Banned
I live in Michigan. The Lions always have and will be a horse **** franchise. There's obviously a reason why arguably the greatest running back and who could have been one of the best receivers of all time just decided to retire in there prime. They will never win a super bowl until the Ford family is out. They're nothing more than a further north version of the Browns.

My roommate from Detroit says the same thing about the Ford Family and their incompetence.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I really would have loved to see what Calvin could have done on a contending team. As a homer, I think watching Russell Wilson throw touchdowns to Calvin Johnson would have been a thing of beauty, but really I just wish Calvin could have gotten a ring on any team, even one I hate like the Niners or Packers.

Milwaukee

Banned
It's already hit the mainstream media, Mike&Mike touched on it this morning. The Lions treatment of him isn't much of a talking point, but the concussion statements he made has people talking. This story will probably grow now.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I really would have loved to see what Calvin could have done on a contending team. As a homer, I think watching Matt Ryan throw touchdowns to Calvin Johnson would have been a thing of beauty, but really I just wish Calvin could have gotten a ring on any team, even one I hate like the Niners or Packers.
Fixed it for you :) you had the wrong QB

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Wow, Skip Bayless called Calvin an underachiever and a player who was missing something? That's the greatest underachiever if I've ever seen one

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Wow, Skip Bayless called Calvin an underachiever and a player who was missing something? That's the greatest underachiever if I've ever seen one

Skip Bayless is a moron. He's one of those media guys that just says a bunch of stupid **** just to get attention.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Skip Bayless is a moron. He's one of those media guys that just says a bunch of stupid **** just to get attention.
Well, he just did. As to the important issue, I figured they cut Johnson's career short when they turned him into an over-the-middle possession receiver the last 2-3 years he played. When combined with Stafford's willingness to expose that long extended body to lights-out hits from safeties and QB by slinging the ball far overhead -- he could always go get it, so why worry? -- he really got laid out a few times. It is one thing to run slants and catch the ball in full stride, in front of you, body protected, and another to cross over for a high hurdling, ribs unprotected catch. One hit is protected, one is not. Having said all that I can't feel too sorry for a guy who made 100 million from the Lions in nine years ... and very obviously took care of it. It just makes the Lions look cheap. Wait! Those are the Lions! Of course they're cheap!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The author didn't do CJ any favors by leading readers to believe that he's unhappy with the Lions bc they asked for a pro rated amount of the signing bonus money back

Skip Bayless only says things to get a rise out of people and get his name trending. Jason Whitlock is the same way. I ignore everything that comes out of their mouths because everything they say is ultimately "Look at me! Look at me!"

Fans who get worked up over those two are doing exactly what they want...and both have had lucrative careers finding hot buttons and pushing them, even when they don't believe it themselves.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Skip Bayless only says things to get a rise out of people and get his name trending. Jason Whitlock is the same way. I ignore everything that comes out of their mouths because everything they say is ultimately "Look at me! Look at me!"

Fans who get worked up over those two are doing exactly what they want...and both have had lucrative careers finding hot buttons and pushing them, even when they don't believe it themselves.
All true. They are all -- Bayless, Stephen Smith, O'Reilly, Coulter, Limbaugh, and yes, an equal number on the left, some are just better at it than others -- are not paid by the former template of the content of their commentary -- how informative or intelligent are they, or what do they add to the debate? -- but how entertaining they are, and that translates to controversial. It's online "polling", "votes" for everything from ugliest dog picture to taxes, all intended to drive traffic as measured by clicks which are sold to gullible advertisers as valid measures. As it relates to football, thus this board, my son argues that one of the reasons he has changed his views of college sports and the salaries paid is that there, at least, it is merit-based and at the end of the game a score is posted; you win or you lose., there is nothing subjective about it. Kind of esoteric for me, but I do get it.