Meet the Freshmen

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
A new series put out by The White and Gold.

HS Coach Calls Charlie Thomas The Total Package
“Return kicks, punts, played free safety as a junior and rolled down to strong safety as a senior,” Grage said, ticking off all the things Thomas did for his Bulldogs during the two years they were together. “I told (Georgia Tech inside linebackers coach Andy McCollum) that I still think he’s a D-1 receiver if someone wants to put him there.”
After signing as a top-flight safety, Thomas moved to outside linebacker. While still listed as a defensive back on the team’s official web roster, he played closer to the line in spring.

Worth reading the whole article.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Appalachian State head coach Scott Satterfield would be a good replacement for CPJ,when he retires or gets fired,and he could retain Coach Woody as defensive coordinator. He could keep Andy McCollum on the GT coaching staff for his recruiting prowess alone;)

If you really believed that you would have posted it in every possible thread for months ...
... oh, wait ...

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
If you don't like my posts don't respond to them or put me on ignore...........................................................just sayin':rolleyes:

I like your posts. I like them the first and second time more than the sixth or seventh. However, I recognize that could just be me. So, I'm sorry that I offended you.

Milwaukee

Banned
giphy (32).gif

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We should take a hard look at Andy Mccollum as a replacement for Johnson
Andy is a very positive person and loves gt and the players we recruit.

He was being considered for dc but wanted to keep recruiting and position coaching up the key dbs or lbs or safeties. Also didn't want the pressure of the d c position.

Keeping Andy and adding a dc with a proven system was a great move by coach.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Appalachian State head coach Scott Satterfield would be a good replacement for CPJ,when he retires or gets fired,and he could retain Coach Woody as defensive coordinator. He could keep Andy McCollum on the GT coaching staff for his recruiting prowess alone;)

If Woody totally flips the script and gives us a top notch D....he could be the guy. First things first.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
If you haven't seen Ken's AJC articles on the incoming freshmen, I highly recommend taking a gander at the 2018 recruiting forum where folks have posted a number of them in the individual threads.

Here's his final one on Peje Harris. Great read.

Sugiura: What can be learned about Pejé Harris from his Twitter account
Harris said he doesn’t consider publicizing scholarship offers to be bragging, but just didn’t see the need.

“My friends asked me a lot – was I going to post it, was I going to tell the world,” Harris said. “But Tech never asked me about it. It definitely didn’t feel like I just had to do it. I never thought about it. Never really wanted to put it out there like that.”
After the first semester of his senior year, Harris was on track to graduate with honors, but had a chance to earn high honors.

“After he talked with his family, he came back and said, ‘Let’s do this,’” Barnes said.

At a time when classmates were coasting to the graduation finish line, Harris picked up an advanced-placement (college-level) environmental-science class and dropped a less rigorous course to earn the necessary points. Needing a 95 average for his four-year transcript, Harris pushed himself to the end and finished with “95 and some change,” Barnes said.