Meet the Freshmen 2019

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Ken always does a good job with these. Here's the first one for 2019.

Burnett’s path to greatness has met challenges from the literal beginning. Born out of wedlock, he was delivered at 26 weeks, weighing two pounds and 4-1/2 ounces at birth. “Extremely premature” infants, as they are known, are at grave risk for health and developmental issues.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Another good one

In short, Knight is not much of a complainer. Webb, the Strong Rock football coach, said that he kept problems to himself “to a fault” and was invariably smiling.

“There was a joy in him each day that was genuine,” Webb said. “It’s hard to find in young kids today, and so to me, that’s what I see in him. He enjoyed every day and he made the most of every day, and he brought us along with him.”

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Sugiura: Zach Owens brings ‘a chip on my shoulder’ to Georgia Tech
“I want you to spike the ball, and I’m going to come out to the numbers and chest-bump you,” Johnson said he told Owens.

So, in that 2017 game, Owens caught a touchdown and … no spike. But he did acquiesce and chest-bump Johnson.

“He was like, Coach, I’m not going to spike the ball, and at the end of the day, that’s him,” Johnson said. “He’s never going to do that. He’s going to hand the ball to the official and if coach is forcing him to do it, he’ll go chest bump him.”

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Another good one

I swear that I think Knight will start at QB one day. His physical talent would make him very, very hard to stop. I compared his high school film to Tim Tebow's. I don't back off from that a bit. True, he has a lot of competitors and more coming in. Problem for them = they aren't as physically talented. And it looks like they'll have to go some to be as determined and hard working.

One regret: while I think he'll start at Tech someday under Coach, I know he would have started at Tech someday under Paul. I hope he gets his chance.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I swear that I think Knight will start at QB one day. His physical talent would make him very, very hard to stop. I compared his high school film to Tim Tebow's. I don't back off from that a bit. True, he has a lot of competitors and more coming in. Problem for them = they aren't as physically talented. And it looks like they'll have to go some to be as determined and hard working.

One regret: while I think he'll start at Tech someday under Coach, I know he would have started at Tech someday under Paul. I hope he gets his chance.

I don’t see him as a QB.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I bet they said the same thing about Tebow when he was a frosh. He didn't look like a QB either.

Well, we'll see. I'm betting that he ends up at QB after practice this fall.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
I bet they said the same thing about Tebow when he was a frosh. He didn't look like a QB either.

Well, we'll see. I'm betting that he ends up at QB after practice this fall.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Tebow was a consensus 5 Star QB prospect coming out of high school. WTF are you talking about?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Tebow was a consensus 5 Star QB prospect coming out of high school. WTF are you talking about?

Would have LOVED to see CPJ and Tebow in the NFL together.

Anyhow...back to our regularly scheduled debate on where recruits should play since we have no control over the plans of our coaches...:whistle:

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Compare their film. That Knight played for a small private school and wasn't on any service radar until he went to camp at Tech and got offered right after he ran the 40 explains a lot of the difference.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

The decision has delighted his parents, proud of being able to send their child to such a prestigious institution.

“I’m telling people he’s going, anybody I meet,” said Mike Sr., a truck driver. “‘Yeah, my son’s going over (to Georgia Tech).”

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

Now a Georgia Tech freshman, Yellow Jackets coaches are eager to find out how the long-armed linebacker fares when given some stability in coaching and schooling. His final high-school coach, Todd Wofford at Central Gwinnett High, is highly optimistic.

“Potentially, he could be a monster,” Wofford said of the 6-foot-4, 215-pound Evans. “So it’s just a matter of how he picks up the defense, what he does in the weight room, basically. I know effort-wise and work-wise, he’ll do everything it takes. It’s just a matter of how quickly he can pick it up and put it all together.”

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer

Since he was recruited as a DB........