Media Agenda and CPJ

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Media: Are you at a disadvantage when teams have extra time to prepare?
CPJ: Same as everyone else

Media: Got to have discipline when playing the option
CPJ: Ya, you don't need discipline when playing anyone else

Media: What kind of defenses give you problems
CPJ: Very good ones

Media: The DB's fall asleep/ are bored when playing the option
CPJ: They are laying on the ground because we put them there

Media: Hard to come from behind with the option
CPJ: Guess you did not watch last years clean old fashion hate... and any other team who gets behind

Media: Are you at a disadvantage when teams have extra time to prepare?
CPJ: Same as everyone else

Media: Got to have discipline when playing the option
CPJ: Ya, you don't need discipline when playing anyone else

Media: What kind of defenses give you problems
CPJ: Very good ones

Media: The DB's fall asleep/ are bored when playing the option
CPJ: They are laying on the ground because we put them there

Media: Hard to come from behind with the option
CPJ: Guess you did not watch last years clean old fashion hate... and any other team who gets behind
One of the best posts ever !!!!

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Agenda =/= laziness and ignorance.

Most fans think the same things.

While I agree it's laziness more than an agenda, I think a lot of fans have these same thoughts because they hear them constantly repeated by the allegedly knowledgeable media. Unfortunately ESPN really does establish the narrative with whatever they say.

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
It still doesn't make sense to me why the option gets singled out like it does. Who wants to be in 3rd and long? What defense DOESNT have assignments? Virtually everything they say is ridiculous.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
It works the other way as well when people fans act like our offense is some super special thing that doesn't need the same thing most offenses need.

GT03&05

Georgia Tech Fan
I can't find the stat, but I remember a tweet citing that in the CPJ era, GT is a top 20 team in converting 3rd and long/4th and long. To the point above, rather than actually understand the GT offense, the media is ridiculously lazy.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
More and more people have figured out the media thing. More folks are thinking for themselves and not relying on ESPN and other traditional media outlets to form their opinions. They are a club that has talked to themselves for so long that they actual believe their own bull****. I think this is broader than just sports. Mainstream media has been exposed for a while and they just keep digging the hole deeper. Eventually new information outlets will emerge that are truly fair, honest and accurate.

Go Jackets!

northgajacket

Banned
More and more people have figured out the media thing. More folks are thinking for themselves and not relying on ESPN and other traditional media outlets to form their opinions. They are a club that has talked to themselves for so long that they actual believe their own bull****. I think this is broader than just sports. Mainstream media has been exposed for a while and they just keep digging the hole deeper. Eventually new information outlets will emerge that are truly fair, honest and accurate.

Go Jackets!

Couldn't agree more.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer

Go Jackets!

Exactly said this same thing in another thread here

Andewa

Jolly Good Fellow
I actually love how CPJ treats the media. It's very fair IMO. If journalists/fans ask dumb/repetitive questions, they generally get a snarky response. If someone asks an intelligent question, the generally get an intelligent answer. Did anyone listen to the radio interview he did with Jeff Schultz and some other folks a few months ago? The hosts asked great questions, CPJ opened up more than in any interview I've heard.

pckl300

Georgia Tech Fan
I actually love how CPJ treats the media. It's very fair IMO. If journalists/fans ask dumb/repetitive questions, they generally get a snarky response. If someone asks an intelligent question, the generally get an intelligent answer. Did anyone listen to the radio interview he did with Jeff Schultz and some other folks a few months ago? The hosts asked great questions, CPJ opened up more than in any interview I've heard.

+1. He seems most irked when talking to national media, who don't normally give a rat's *** about the team, but due to the big matchup we're in they come groveling for sound bites.

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
A link to a write up on the podcast and has a link to the audio. Agreed it was a great interview.
http://georgiatech.blog.ajc.com/2016/10/17/paul-johnson-speaks-his-mind-on-a-must-listen-podcast/