Maybe the team will improve in 2016 similar to 2014?

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Well, despite some fonts getting absolutely irate any time anyone would say be patient, remember 2014, 2016's bunch did in fact get better. Not 2014 better, mind you, but closing out with wins on the road vs ranked VT, then UGA, plus handling business vs UVA showed definite improvement.

IMO the improvement shouldn't be a surprise. Our guys came into camp with tremendous improvement in conditioning and several players had reworked their bodies. Clearly this is a group that works. And if you work hard enough consistently enough you can't help but get better.

CPJ challenged the team to win 9 games and they are responding. Bowl games can be a crap shoot. Teams can show up unmotivated and get destroyed.

I believe this bunch is not going to rest on their laurels because they value hard work too much. They understand the purpose in life is to evolve, to get better. They will accomplish this essential purpose. IMO, they show up in J-ville ready to kick a little SEC azz and complete their mission to win 9 games.

Respect given to the 2016 Jackets! Let's work our azzes off and give Kentucky HELL!

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
Beat Kentucky and the Yellow Jackets won as many games in the SEC East as did the Mutts. WE RUN THIS STATE!!

stech81

Helluva Engineer
The funny thing about 2014 after the Puke and UNC game not many thought we would win 2 more games.
But one thing about the 2014 and 2016 teams is they BEAT uga

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
The funny thing about 2014 after the Puke and UNC game not many thought we would win 2 more games.
But one thing about the 2014 and 2016 teams is they BEAT uga

Stech81, I was one of those people who thought we were cooked in 2014 after UNC & Duke. I went on record saying this team just doesn't have it, etc.

Massive 9-course Crow dinner for InsideLB in 2014! From that experience I learned not to doubt our guys' will to get better.

I think too, one could see we had certain things in place and just needed to get better in others. By the end of the year our perimeter game was humming.

Well, despite some fonts getting absolutely irate any time anyone would say be patient, remember 2014, 2016's bunch did in fact get better. Not 2014 better, mind you, but closing out with wins on the road vs ranked VT, then UGA, plus handling business vs UVA showed definite improvement.

IMO the improvement shouldn't be a surprise. Our guys came into camp with tremendous improvement in conditioning and several players had reworked their bodies. Clearly this is a group that works. And if you work hard enough consistently enough you can't help but get better.

CPJ challenged the team to win 9 games and they are responding. Bowl games can be a crap shoot. Teams can show up unmotivated and get destroyed.

I believe this bunch is not going to rest on their laurels because they value hard work too much. They understand the purpose in life is to evolve, to get better. They will accomplish this essential purpose. IMO, they show up in J-ville ready to kick a little SEC azz and complete their mission to win 9 games.

Respect given to the 2016 Jackets! Let's work our azzes off and give Kentucky HELL!
The overall season results does indicate that our guys were coached up. And we were and still are a pretty young team. Lots of sophs contributing. We have to keep feeding the machine through recruiting, though. We have some red-shirts getting on the field next year, too. Just find five starters each year. We found some through attrition this year. Recruit, redshirt, coach up. Now if we could just get the transferring issue solved. . . . .

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
Good year, down year, rebuilding year, good year. Rinse and repeat. Fine with me as long as two or three of those years we beat uga, and the good years are really good. But I think CPJ is very close to breaking thru this cycle and eliminating the down year with the recruiting he has been doing lately.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
On recruiting,we need to always get 2 DTs if we have the chance which has been a problem.A rule of thumb is to recruit for 3 yrs from now.That is when these guys will be REALLY able to contribute.For example--we are getting 5 DBs (commits)in now but we are losing 3 Sr starters next yr so they will only be R-Fr in 3 yrs from now.Don't want many Fr as DBs.

I know it is hard to plan but it sems we hve been caught short a bunch of times.

Last edited:

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
Looking at our Roster, the two-deep, and the Starters, then taking into consideration who won't be back next season from that list, and I think you'll find we actually have a young Team in many positions who have gained valuable Varsity playing experience since our injuries forced the younger guys to pay in 2015, and then true Freshmen Offensive Linemen had to step in THIS season because of more injuries.

We're losing some experience for next season, at some key positions, like our QB and Center spots, but I think the VA Tech game showed us that our Team can win with the next Players up against some pretty good competition.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
The overall season results does indicate that our guys were coached up. And we were and still are a pretty young team. Lots of sophs contributing.

Hadn't thought of it in terms of being coached up. Had thought more about just respect to the players for working so hard. But I guess it all ties in together....coaches recruit kids of a certain character and help to motivate them. In the end though IMO it's the kids who make the choice to get better IMO.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Hadn't thought of it in terms of being coached up. Had thought more about just respect to the players for working so hard. But I guess it all ties in together....coaches recruit kids of a certain character and help to motivate them. In the end though IMO it's the kids who make the choice to get better IMO.

Its a four-legged stool: coaching, hard work with desire by the player, playing experience, and the natural progress of maturing both physically and mentally.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Its a four-legged stool: coaching, hard work with desire by the player, playing experience, and the natural progress of maturing both physically and mentally.

Imo, when flea came to gt it was a game changer. As a uga guy he seems to have self recruited himself and his son, both of whom have a desire to be great as individual and yet a team member. Fire in the belly is what will make the difference. Coach and flea and most on this thread get it -THWG is not a strategic plan it is a battle cry.

Give us a flea every year.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I think we are potentially setup for a nice run for the next two years with a bit of luck here and there. I also happen to believe that given enough time that CPJ will get that perfect team together and go undefeated