May Toddcast

green&gold

Jolly Good Fellow
but also because I absolutely no shame plan to recoup my whole ticket cost by selling the last game to a couple of Dawg fans.

So glad to see other people pile on this quote - honestly can't believed you typed this out and thought nothing of it. I really don't know what to type up in response because this pisses me off so much. Why even waste your money on season tickets when you have this kind of mentality as a "fan"?

All the years of going to the game at Bobby Dodd and seeing so much red in the stands, it drives me nuts to know there are Tech fans like you selling off your tickets to dwags and not caring whatsoever.

Also, it ain't a boomer thing, buddy.

crut

Helluva Engineer
It’s also a UGA year though. I bought season tickets this year in part because of the excitement around the program (purchased them the day Collins was hired) but also because I absolutely no shame plan to recoup my whole ticket cost by selling the last game to a couple of Dawg fans.

It’d be interesting to hear some numbers on where we stand compared to 2017 and 2015.
Millennial here - and this blows. Stop being so stingy and just go to the game and have fun while cheering on your team.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Honestly even if you personally don’t care about the uga game, you should appreciate that it means a whole lot to the rest of the fan base. After all, it is the only “named” rivalry game we have. Having no problem putting dwag fans in the middle of Tech season ticket sections is just throwing up a big middle finger to the rest of the fans in your section. It’s very much a self centered thing to do.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Honestly even if you personally don’t care about the uga game, you should appreciate that it means a whole lot to the rest of the fan base. After all, it is the only “named” rivalry game we have. Having no problem putting dwag fans in the middle of Tech season ticket sections is just throwing up a big middle finger to the rest of the fans in your section. It’s very much a self centered thing to do.
Agree. We're a small fan base and more like a community versus a football nation. We're brothers and sisters. IMO it's hurtful and disrespectful to those folks that sit close to you. Have you ever witnessed Tech pull off a dramatic play and hugged a complete stranger sitting close to you. I know I have. Look at the lady at the 3:30 mark in this YouTube video.
That's what being a GT fan is all about.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
So you say you want to get your money back for the season tickets by selling them to a uga fan. I see that as a business decision and it's on you. Do you then give that money to the GTAA? If not, then that says quite a lot about your character. Your not a fan, your just a greedy SOB.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
stop-stop-hES.png

(But he deserved it. Some things you just don't do, much less openly admit to on a Tech board)

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
A few years back, when BYU was in town, I had to miss the game for a relatively minor medical issue. My wife went to the game without me, and ended up sitting in a spare seat with one of our tailgating friends. Our friend helped her scalp our (season) tickets to a nice Mormon couple (who were very well-behaved, according to our ST neighbors).

In contrast, if had to miss the GT-(u)GA game for a routine dental cleaning, and I thought there was a chance my season ticket would end up being scalped to a (u)GA fan, I would instead insist on being euthanized, and having my ticket cremated along with me. Really. I’d die before I’d let a dwag sit in my seat.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Find out how much a dog fan will pay for them, tell them they can have it, then sell them to a group of us. We'll give them to some needy Tech fan instead...maybe a drawing or contest here on the Swarm. That way the dog fan misses the game (since they thought they had tickets that they don't get at the last minute) and we put Tech butts in the seats. I'll pitch in something to help buy them if they go to a good cause.