Masters Picks...Whatayagot?

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Like what I am seeing from Jordan Spieth right now. Also keeping an eye on Paul Casey and Colin Morikawa. If Jon Rahm plays, I’m probably betting on him.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Rahm had his baby last night, so he is good to go. Different vibe this year, low key but more energy here than in November
As always, a lot of good story lines and a ton of people talented enough to take home the jacket!

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
@Milwaukee, I would take your list and let everyone else have the field although will Brooks K. play this week due to knee surgery? But, if you were going with one guy, who is it? @GCdaJuiceMan, it's harder than ever to pick a major. First Jack and Tiger aren't around. Secondly, the tour is deeper than ever. Not just with talent. But with guys who have talent, will and focus to win majors. There are 20 - 25 or so guys who could win the jacket and you would not bat an eye.

Another sentimental favorite to add - Rory. he's a good guy. Would love to see him join the Slam list.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Crap. I just assumed he was in. Kids have taken away from my golf watching days for the time being.
I have grown up around the sport of golf. Even caddied as a young boy when those existed. I love the game but rarely watch it. A regular tournament has the same drama to me as a MLB game in June. WTBS, the 5 must see annual sporting events for me (outside of GT of course) are the 4 majors plus March Madness. I may watch the Super Bowl, World Series and the college football playoffs. But those 5 are just at a different level of drama and intensity for me. Occasionally a major will have someone coasting to victory with a wide margin and that just pi$$es me off as I feel robbed of one of my 5 sports weekends. But a Sunday with 5-6 heavyweights atop the leaderboard is the absolute best. I like the individual nature of the sport and that is what separates it from most others. March madness is compelling because of the upsets and the fact that an 11 seed can advance to the Final Four and a 1 seed can lose on day 1.

For events that are not played every year, I would throw the Ryder Cup and World Cup soccer into the mix as "must see" TV.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Usually one of the more exciting days at The Masters, moving day. Glad Rose didn’t run away with it yesterday. Can’t wait to sit on my couch and watch all day!

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Usually one of the more exciting days at The Masters, moving day. Glad Rose didn’t run away with it yesterday. Can’t wait to sit on my couch and watch all day!
Should be a great tournament. I still like my picks above (JT and XS) but my sentimental picks (Freddie and Rory) tanked. But there is a number of players who can win this thing.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
So, very interesting 3rd round. Can Matsayuma hold on? Who do you like now? I am impressed with him and am sentimentally rooting for the young kid from Wake Forest but have to believe the winner will come from these three..Matsayuma, Justin Rose or Xander Schauafelle.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
So, very interesting 3rd round. Can Matsayuma hold on? Who do you like now? I am impressed with him and am sentimentally rooting for the young kid from Wake Forest but have to believe the winner will come from these three..Matsayuma, Justin Rose or Xander Schauafelle.
I wouldn't count Spieth out either. He's one guy that could get really hot and string together some birdies and avoid bogeys.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I wouldn't count Spieth out either. He's one guy that could get really hot and string together some birdies and avoid bogeys.
Good call. My only wish for today is that with many untested names or no massive heavyweights at the top (maybe outside of Spieth) is that there is a shootout with players fighting it out while posting good numbers. I hate the the type of finish where 1 guy shoots 2 under and the rest just shoot par or worse and slide backwards past him. Of course, weather conditions can dictate this but give some drama on the back 9 please dear Lord. I don't want to see 10 guys at the top dump wedges into the creek on 12 or into the creek at 15 like they did 2 or 3 years ago.