Mark Teixeira to retire at end of season

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Mark Teixeira and Calvin Johnson retiring in same year. Two special "stud" Jackets in their respective sports. Proud of how both of them have represented Tech. God Bless them as they make their transitions.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Oneof the best players to come out of Tech. Doubt he would come back in some position with Tech baseball.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Sugiura: Could Mark Teixeira be Tech’s first baseball hall of famer?
“Mark is one of the best baseball players ever to wear the White and Gold,” Hall said in a statement. “He has always represented himself, his family and Georgia Tech with impeccable class. I am so proud and fortunate to have coached him. He has a lasting legacy as a player and continues to donate time, money, and effort to making our program one of the best in the country. I wish he, his wife Leigh, and their children all the best. My respect and gratitude for them will last forever.”

He was a man among boys while at Tech. You didn't have to ask which of those players Mark? You knew by just watching the players come out of the dug out. Injuries really hurt his over all numbers while at Tech. He is definitely one to remember.