Mark Richt at GT

Tech Lawyer

Jolly Good Fellow
I have deep respect for Coach Richt. When he started at Miami one of his first initiatives was to attend elementary and middle school football practices. See Youtube videos. Of course he was attempting to bring back the Miami swag to younger players who had not grown up with a knowledge of the University's history of success in the eighties and nineties. But also Coach Richt offered general encouragement to make good grades, make good decisions and be respectful. I think there are definite similarities between the 404 culture Coach Collins is cultivating and the Miami swag Coach Richt was trying to promote to these future recruits. Georgia Tech has several football alums as well as current coaches who would be great ambassadors in this manner. And what a product we have to sell. A simple message is," even if you don't make it to the NFL, if you graduate from GT you can get a great job!" NOT every family in Georgia, especially in Atlanta, is married to the Bulldogs.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
What is going on here ??
8db566ccd18a321e0c6f1d0779e1ab81.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
My wife thought Paul Johnson was a good coach, but she always loved Mark Richt...

slugboy

Staff member
Put the shoe on the other foot. Imagine oleary paul or chan doing this. Lol. The boards would implode. Many here probably try to OD lol

Chan talked about being willing to coach at UGA or being a decent team after he left Tech. Because of that, various boards got irate and complained about his lack of loyalty after we fired him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
No, but I could imagine him consulting with Duke on how to beat us.

Duke beat more than just use using that package. But no one needed his help they could have just ask citadel. We didn't have a player in the alley that entire game.

Last edited:

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
About 20 replies on twitter of how he “owns GT” so he’s checking his property. Just #kopykatkirby all over again.
A u(sic)ga fan said the same thing to me. I replied that maybe Richt had heard strange things about SA’s at GT were actually getting an education, and the idea of it seemed so far fetched to him that he came to check it out.

wreckmaniac

Georgia Tech Fan
I have gotten over CMR. He looks good in the Tech jacket. I know he is there as an ACC network analyst which is fine.
What I am delighted about is the great Marco Coleman being there. Super. Loved the gold shirt with the T logo that Collins was wearing.
Judging only by the photos, CMR seemed to enjoy himself. Collins, I'm sure, is smart enough to estalblish all the good
friendships he can and CMR could already be one. Nothing but good about that.