Marcus Marshall Transferring

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
Lmao....you could have just shortened your reply to "I just want to whine and gnash my teeth."

I asked what you would like to see happen because you spent 5 pages carrying on about how this is the football equivalent to the end of the world. You also seemed to imply it's a problem that needs to be addressed and reversed. I was just curious if you actually had any ideas on how it should be addressed / handled. But you don't.

What? I never said it was the end of the world. In fact, I said that its isn't a "meltdown" or an indictment on our staff. The reason there is 5 pages is because everyone thinks its "normal". For example, I think its not normal to litter as well. Its not the end of the world though, I don't lose sleep over it. But if you want to argue that littering is normal and everyone does it, yea I'll argue with that because I don't think its normal. Its just that simple.

But its good to know where you stand, thanks for contributing. lmao

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
What? I never said it was the end of the world. In fact, I said that its isn't a "meltdown" or an indictment on our staff. The reason there is 5 pages is because everyone thinks its "normal". For example, I think its not normal to litter as well. Its not the end of the world though, I don't lose sleep over it. But if you want to argue that littering is normal and everyone does it, yea I'll argue with that because I don't think its normal. Its just that simple.

But its good to know where you stand, thanks for contributing.
It's normal in Athens.

UGA_North_Campus_Tailgate.jpg

Cam

Helluva Engineer
More bad news, guys. I hear from a pretty reliable source that we're losing a QB. Not one of the weaker ones either. I can't say that it's too surprising, but he's a good one that we'll miss. I think we should be okay going forward though. Anyway, the rumor is that Justin Thomas is graduating.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Also, not ONE person has brought any other example that approaches this.. The ONLY examples I've seen are known due in part BECAUSE its a big deal. Tennessee, Texas A&M, Florida, etc.

I don't pretend to have done extensive research, but I am with others that doesn't think this is a big deal unique trend at Georgia Tech. Again, of the main players you rely on for your evidence (Vad, MM, and Summers), two were in position battles and in jeopardy of losing their starting roles and one was a nice contributor as a secondary receiver (not catching his first TD pass until his redshirt JR year). I don't think it is uncommon for guys like that to transfer in some numbers. Here is a list of the top 100 transfers in 2016. Many came from other FBS programs, and many had an impact on the field at their previous school. Like our guys, some did not seem to like that they were in position battles.
https://athlonsports.com/college-football/college-footballs-top-100-impact-transfers-2016

Currently Tech has guys like JJ Green and Simmons that similarly transferred into Tech. At UGA, Green had almost 700 all purpose yards in 2013, so it is not like he wasn't a contributor.

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
More bad news, guys. I hear from a pretty reliable source that we're losing a QB. Not one of the weaker ones either. I can't say that it's too surprising, but he's a good one that we'll miss. I think we should be okay going forward though. Anyway, the rumor is that Justin Thomas is graduating.

This is a very disturbing trend and it seems like it only happens to us. I rarely hear about other schools graduating their top talent.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
This is unreal. Marshall Dawg family getting in his ear. Its amazing Keith stuck around at UGA the entire time, but Marcus is out after leading our team in rushing two consecutive years.

I've said it elsewhere, but this is a horrible trend under CPJ. Too many starters and contributors are leaving the team year over year.
This is not an under CPJ problem. A guy that I went to high school with that got a GT scholly at RB quit GT after a year. Couldn't cut it academically...

Guys leave every school every year for varying reasons. Some schools less because they have hot girls, big parties, 100 dollar handshakes, etc. GT isn't the school for everyone. ****, I thought of transferring, and EVERYONE in my college crew dropped out or transferred and most to UGA.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Saw Lucas Johnson run the midline and said "F that...I'm going to the NFL..."

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
  1. I hate to see him leave because I think with his big play ability and DM's blocking and ability to get tough yards gives us the talent level we had at BB when we had the Diesel. But I can understand him wanting to be a true feature back some where which gives him more of an opportunity to develop his game to reach the next level, if that is what he truly wants. MM, thanks for your contribution to Tech, especially in your last game as a Yellow Jacket which we all appreciate. All the best!

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
F#%* off. Lol. Don't do this to us! Good one though

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Not cool. Lmao

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Any chance he goes to UGA? His sister was just accepted there, also would UGA want him with what they have now plus their current recruiting class, and would we allow it???

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Let me say this and I'm not trying to be a jerk- GT is going to be just fine and we are going to win with you or without you. We have over 100 STUDENT-athletes busting their butts every day in the classroom and on the field. I appreciate and am thankful for everyone of you. GT is not for everyone but GT is SPECIAL. All of you players will see this one day. Let's be positive, the program is in great hands with CPJ and the AA is in good hands now too with TS. We have won 2 of 3 from UGA. Go Jackets and THWG.

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
I remember last year after the uga game, CPJ in the post game show said something like he couldn't wait for Marshall to have some competition from Quaide and Leggett, and others. To me, his tone indicated he wasn't really happy with something about Marshall. I hate it because Marshall looked like he was really coming on late in the season.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
What hurts is when upper class men who could stay and contribute leave. Lots of management and coaching effort is wasted. we aren't there w MM.

I think MM is making a huge error unless he can't do the academics . IF he and mills both prove to be studs the press would go crazy hyping them as sort of thunder and lightning Way more than one very good bb.

Worst case is its "SAID" to be acacademics and then Mills leaves.

This feeds into the narrative - stud rb don't believe the gt recruiter as they really don't help u get through gt.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
MM was a better player than DM right now, but maybe DM has a higher ceiling. However, MM was one of the game breakers we don't get very often.

For whatever reason, CPJ didn't like him that much. Kinda like how Synjyn Days rode the pine behind the legendary David Sims for years. CPJ gets his favorites like everyone else, but sometimes they are headscratchers and sometimes they are brilliant.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
MM was a better player than DM right now, but maybe DM has a higher ceiling. However, MM was one of the game breakers we don't get very often.

For whatever reason, CPJ didn't like him that much. Kinda like how Synjyn Days rode the pine behind the legendary David Sims for years. CPJ gets his favorites like everyone else, but sometimes they are headscratchers and sometimes they are brilliant.
:rolleyes:

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck

I'm completely wrong, of course. Not at all correct. Enlighten me as to how losing a rusher who averaged 7.0 yards per carry over 180 career carries from arguably the most important offensive position is somehow not backbreaking given the fact that we are not a team that historically reloads.