Marcus Allen B-Back next year?

MtownJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Considering that he came in as a B-back and there is only one guy returning on scholarship would it make sense to give him another shot? I don't think he will see the field at LB any time soon. If so it would be great to get bowl practices and Spring under his belt at the new position.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Now that Snoddy is out rehabbing, I think this scenario is a lot more plausible. You have to have at least two Bbacks in spring or you can't have a Spring Game. We also have Justin Bryan at Bback. Not sure how realistic his opportunity is or not.

edit: forgot about Quaide coming in early.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
CJ and Quaide will be at BB in the spring. MLD will come in the fall. I don’t think he’ll see the field at BB either.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
The fact that Marcus has been here a few years and has yet to even sniff the field tells me he most likely will not contribute much in the future. I hope he does but based on past history and my personal experience, if these guys are not at least playing in mop up duty, they most likely have issues playing D1 level football. He may participate some on special teams but I do not remember seeing him out there.

Go Jackets!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The fact that Marcus has been here a few years and has yet to even sniff the field tells me he most likely will not contribute much in the future. I hope he does but based on past history and my personal experience, if these guys are not at least playing in mop up duty, they most likely have issues playing D1 level football. He may participate some on special teams but I do not remember seeing him out there.

Go Jackets!
A team still needs depth and we don't have it, at least for spring.

rodney

Georgia Tech Fan
Mikel lands Davis is also a hot prospect highly recruited player may be a viable option at b back

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Mikel lands Davis is also a hot prospect highly recruited player may be a viable option at b back
He doesn't come till fall. You need depth in spring so you don't have to play guys who are dinged up and risk further injury. I hate for us to have to play a dinged up Leggett in the spring game just because we don't have enough Bbacks to field two teams.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
He doesn't come till fall. You need depth in spring so you don't have to play guys who are dinged up and risk further injury. I hate for us to have to play a dinged up Leggett in the spring game just because we don't have enough Bbacks to field two teams.
That is what walk-ons are for as well.

rodney

Georgia Tech Fan
Connors looked pretty decent the few times he got the ball maybe he will take the ball and run with it

johncu

Jolly Good Fellow

Go Jackets!

Could have said the same about Snoddy before this year. I was completely unimpressed and never thought he'd play a meaningful role going into this season. He's done that and much more.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Could have said the same about Snoddy before this year. I was completely unimpressed and never thought he'd play a meaningful role going into this season. He's done that and much more.

LOL, I'm pretty sure that @Jerry the Jacket did says it, and maybe worse, about Snoddy before this season. Forgive me if I've misremembered Jerry.

rodney

Georgia Tech Fan
Anybody hear about Travis custis if he got his academics right I know he said he eanted to still transfer from jr college back to ga tech

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Anybody hear about Travis custis if he got his academics right I know he said he eanted to still transfer from jr college back to ga tech
That is extremely unlikely. He went to a place that is incapable of getting his academic "right" enough to transfer back to Tech. His choice of JUCO basically cut him off from Tech for good.

I totally wish him well in all his future collegiate endeavors and life! He really did want to try and make it at Tech but the Georgia primary and secondary educational system let him down probably from day one. It was too much to overcome so late in the day. Now it will be much more up to him as he goes forward. Good luck Custis!