Marco Coleman New Defensive Line Coach

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I just love the idea of Marco Coleman teaching our pass rushers how to do their thang. We FINALLY figured out how to generate even the slightest bit of pressure off the blitz last year, let’s hope we have a breakout edge rusher this year. I’m thinking BJS could be a dynamic pass rusher from edge (a lot of those “pick and get through hole” RB instincts that everyone thinks he has translate very well to rushing the QB), allowing a guy like Quez Jackson to lock up the MLB spot. I’m getting antsy for spring ball when we can start to get some clarity on how our roster will look with the new regime. I truly believe we have the athletes on both sides of the ball to win our division if they’re coached/utilized correctly.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I'm glad to see Marco back. He was the epitome of Tech recruiting, imho. Nobody wanted him out of high school because he was a classic tween; too slow to play LB and too small to play DL. All it took, however, was one look at his high school stats (if I'm not mistaken he had 26 (!!) sacks in his senior year) for Ross to take him. And, sure enough, paired with another supposedly wasted recruit, Coleman Rudolph, he grew up just enough and became one of the best DLs in Tech history.

I don't see any reason why he can't do the job as DL coach at Tech, even given his limited coaching experience.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I'm glad to see Marco back. He was the epitome of Tech recruiting, imho. Nobody wanted him out of high school because he was a classic tween; too slow to play LB and too small to play DL. All it took, however, was one look at his high school stats (if I'm not mistaken he had 26 (!!) sacks in his senior year) for Ross to take him. And, sure enough, paired with another supposedly wasted recruit, Coleman Rudolph, he grew up just enough and became one of the best DLs in Tech history.

I don't see any reason why he can't do the job as DL coach at Tech, even given his limited coaching experience.

The services weren’t around then but I think Marco was fairly heavily recruited. Ditto Eric Henderson but the services might have been going then.

I just remember being stoked when the ajc wrote blurbs on both after signing. Would be more than nice to get the next Coleman/Rudolph/Henderson soon.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
The services weren’t around then but I think Marco was fairly heavily recruited. Ditto Eric Henderson but the services might have been going then.

I just remember being stoked when the ajc wrote blurbs on both after signing. Would be more than nice to get the next Coleman/Rudolph/Henderson soon.
I don't doubt that he was recruited, but I think Tech might have been his only offer from a major power. I think he was hoping for OSU and they ignored him. But this is mist of time city.