March Madness Scheme Talk

slugboy

Staff member
With March Madness in full swing, we get a chance to see more good and varied basketball than any other time of the season. It seems like a good time to see what we’d like to see here, and what we’d like to possibly see at Tech. I thought a technique/scheme thread would be fun. @gt24, it seems like something you’d like to post in.
In the run up to the Loyola-Chicago game, I got a chance to look at their defense, and I liked their spacing and their backside awareness. Even though our defense is great, I wondered what we could steal from them:

Also, Oral Roberts U has a nice back door cut here. If we don’t have this play, I’d love to take it.

gt24

Jolly Good Fellow
watching illini vs loyola and cant help but wonder if loyola would have immediately doubled the post vs moses like they are vs kofi. but if they did, this graphic and stats indicate we would have handled it much better than illini (so far).

also watching illini guards struggle to feed post when they are jammed/pressured makes me smh thinking about what we could have done vs illini (with moses).

moses passing out of post.jpeg