Malik Rivera (positive post)

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Sign this dude up for next year's GT Athletics hackathon ;)

Dude has a great head on his shoulders. Glad we got him.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I assume a company like Goldman Sachs would be an option but what other companies could that field be useful?

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Malik would have been a real asset to the team, even with avg performance, because of his knowledge/info/communication//leadership/ and experience. But he has in fact led the team in tackles, hustled by example, made plays left and right, and really been a consistent playmaker in every game. Great person and player and a real asset to GT..

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I assume a company like Goldman Sachs would be an option but what other companies could that field be useful?
Quite literally every single company that manages stock portfolios. These companies hunt for *anyone* with a CS major. He not only has CS, but he has specifically crafted majors to work in this field. Micro trading algorithms with super computers located as close to Wall Street as possible is a huge industry right now. I am not sure if this is specifically what he wants to do, but it is something he can.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Quite literally every single company that manages stock portfolios. These companies hunt for *anyone* with a CS major. He not only has CS, but he has specifically crafted majors to work in this field. Micro trading algorithms with super computers located as close to Wall Street as possible is a huge industry right now. I am not sure if this is specifically what he wants to do, but it is something he can.

Thanks... that’s sounds kinda ... ah never mind.

I don’t see any other school offering this. How in the hell he did this and play football and earn all academic ACC.

“The degree is rigorous: The QCF program's 12 courses demand that students develop proficiency in multiple programming languages and sophisticated mathematical modeling techniques to be used as tools in the navigation of the practical and theoretical aspects of the finance industry”

https://www.scheller.gatech.edu/deg...computational-finance/career-development.html

Last edited:

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

This.

... or he could launder money for large criminal enterprises.

Wait, never mind, that's what you said.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Thanks... that’s sounds kinda ... ah never mind.
Other big business (think Walmart, Amazon) could use someone with those skill sets as well. Determining market trends or spending habits across different areas and times.

Moneyball is actually a very interesting application of this field. Minimizing salary expenditure by identifying metrics that can maximize team performance. Now the CS comes in when you take it to the next level and begin automating and scraping even more data.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Maybe a buck and a quarter. You have to be CEO of a fair size company to pull down high 6 figures.
Location and job will play into it as well. If you are writing programs that manage a portfolio on Wall Street, you might be getting around 200k and then bonus based on portfolio performance.

If you work as a business analyst for a big company, 100-150k with whatever options they provide.

Certainly, the closer to the money you are, the larger your earning potential will be.