Malik Rivera is 1 Smart Dude

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I hope we can highlight his success post GT with recruits. He is a great example of a STUDENT athlete. Even though he is here 1 year, he is on record as saying coming to GT gave him a leg up on the competition for post football career.

That should continue to be our selling point. Come to GT, be set for after what may or may not happen in the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I hope we can highlight his success post GT with recruits. He is a great example of a STUDENT athlete. Even though he is here 1 year, he is on record as saying coming to GT gave him a leg up on the competition for post football career.

That should continue to be our selling point. Come to GT, be set for after what may or may not happen in the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come to GT.
Play sports at the highest collegiate levels.
Get an elite education and a shot at the NFL
If you fail at making the NFL, you can "settle" for making $125K a year salary + bonus that pushes you over $200K/year your FIRST year being a Quant for some hedge fund.

Life is gonna be rough for that guy.

On a another note, you want to know why Tariq Carpenter is playing so well? Rivera can probably take some credit there:

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...-grad-transfer-safety/Ql4ywbe9mQfH2UAylph9uO/

That knowledge already has been well put to use. When Rivera arrived, strong safety Tariq Carpenter began watching game video with him at Wood’s urging to speed his learning of the scheme. On Monday, Carpenter bragged on Rivera that his fellow safety knows every position’s responsibilities from defensive end to safety.

Deleted member 2897

Goldman Sachs will be calling with 6 Figures.

The average salary for such a position is $150k. He’ll be pushing that quickly I would imagine. He oozes intelligence and more importantly selfless leadership.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Cute.

Play better.

We need more dummies that play better

TIC ;)

Hmmmm, I know he says "TIC" but is he really serious ...

stumped.gif

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Fake news, all of it. It simply must be. Rivera spent years at, God forbid, a FCS-level program. And as we all know, offensive and defensive schemes at FCS and lower-divisions aren't "real" football, and players at that level aren't "real" players, because whatever. And puhleeze, Wofford is a small, private liberal arts college -- c'mon, did he really get a decent education in math and computer science at a place like that? Where's the concern for Tech getting, I don't know, infected by someone with that sort of football and educational background? ;):sneaky:

Last edited:

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Fake news, all of it. It simply must be. Rivera spent years at, God forbid, a FCS-level program. And as we all know, offensive and defensive schemes at FCS and lower-divisions aren't "real" football, and players at that level aren't "real" players, because whatever. And puhleeze, Wofford is a small, private liberal arts college -- c'mon, did he really get a decent education in math and computer science at a place like that? Where's the concern for Tech getting, I don't know, infected by someone with that sort of football and educational background? ;):sneaky:
Yea this is probably just the equivalent to a biology degree at Tech.