Lynn Griffin Impact Player

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think L Griffin's going to have a good impact on our 2014 defense.

I am not sure how L Griffin could have had Smelter covered better... he just needs to be able to jump higher. ;)

The ball was a little lower this time and L Griffin makes the play. Smelter may be our New Hope but here Griffin Strikes Back. :D

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
The second throw was under thrown and behind Smelter. He ha to run and wait for it. griffin had time to react and make play. He did well,but the could have been touchdown for Smelter fit was thrown correctly.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Okay, it's time for cheese post. I apologize in advance

The first play was Griffin Window.
The second was Griffin Door

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Imperial_Griffin_by_FeatherGale.jpg

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Dj White really impressed me last year, I haven't got to see a whole lot of LG but if he's as good as yall are saying our secondary should be hard to throw on. If our LBs can cover their zones/man our d line could out perform last years with coverage sacks. Just gotta stop that run.

Leonard Larramore

Jolly Good Fellow
Lynn is going to be good. Just needs to play until the whistle. If you could see the entire play (first catch) you will see that he was focused on the QB. When he realized that Justin did not throw the ball but merely pump faked it, Griffin tried to respond but was a little to late. The through was perfect too. The second time he played it perfect. The ball was a little short but to get inside and makes the play. The catch really required a lot of athleticism.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
On the corners and safeties, I had the impression more than once on a passing play that Byerly (definitely) and I believe Jordan at least once was clearly going through a check down from right to left and as I followed their progression I saw that the receivers were clearly covered right to left and that the QB checked off to the 3rd/4th option and that was the open one or most open one and so correctly threw to them.

Anyone else notice something similar? So my point is that I thought I could see on a number of plays both positives in our defensive backfield's coverage skills and positives in more than one QB in the passing game . . . oh and solid pass blocking given they had time to work progressions over the entire field side to side before throwing.

Obviously this wasn't every single pass play but since I noticed it several times I took it as a nice sign of improvement for those involved in the play.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
On the corners and safeties, I had the impression more than once on a passing play that Byerly (definitely) and I believe Jordan at least once was clearly going through a check down from right to left and as I followed their progression I saw that the receivers were clearly covered right to left and that the QB checked off to the 3rd/4th option and that was the open one or most open one and so correctly threw to them.

Anyone else notice something similar? So my point is that I thought I could see on a number of plays both positives in our defensive backfield's coverage skills and positives in more than one QB in the passing game . . . oh and solid pass blocking given they had time to work progressions over the entire field side to side before throwing.

Obviously this wasn't every single pass play but since I noticed it several times I took it as a nice sign of improvement for those involved in the play.
Correct. There were more check downs to secondary receivers. No doubt about it. MJ still forced too many and stared down primary guy, but overall QBs gave me the impression they saw the field.

Leonard Larramore

Jolly Good Fellow
Lynn is going to be good. Just needs to play until the whistle. If you could see the entire play (first catch) you will see that he was focused on the QB. When he realized that Justin did not throw the ball but merely pump faked it, Griffin tried to respond but was a little to late. The through was perfect too. The second time he played it perfect. The ball was a little short but to get inside and makes the play. The catch
Oops correction The through was perfect too... intended to type the throw was perfect

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
I really like our corners. We have depth and I think we will be good there for years to come. The staff has done a good job recruiting in the secondary.

prifle2

Jolly Good Fellow
Lynn was my pick for surprise player this year. I think with DJ White solidifying his side of the field, it's going to become the presumed path of least resistance for offenses to target Lynn's side. With his ball skills, physicality and return skills I can easily see him becoming a big play waiting to happen on that side of the field. A bigger Jemea, so to speak... His biggest problem now is that he's opened the door to give Chris Milton the last two weeks of camp time and two weeks of games to make a claim on a position that Lynn has not yet solidified with in game action... either way Tech wins!!

I reread my previous post, and I don't want anyone to get the impression I don't think highly of LG. I think he looked very good yesterday. Smelter is going to make a lot of good DB's look less than good. That was an excellent interception. He fought Smelter then whole way.

Way more than coaching, players make players better. It is important to get better and better players into the mix. They make each other better.