Lucas Johnson

Techfan02

Ramblin' Wreck
I've done some thinking about what will happen to Lucas since the Pitt game. Either he transfers cause let's face it he won't ever see another snap at QB on the flats again especially with Gleason and possibly Sims coming in. So if he doesn't transfer i feel as if he could switch to defense to a linebacker cause he fits the size perfectly and has good speed so just a thought.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I hope he can graduate sometime before fall camp and transfer with 2 years left as a grad transfer. He has ability but has been injured several times which sets him back. I admire him for sticking it out so far. Glad to have him as an alum whatever he chooses to do.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Lj has had foot and shoulder injuries. That's like Jordan Mathews was trying to beat out rb tq marshall who had converted to qb. He had previously done lots rehab but felt he could get ever healthy enough to beat out TQM.
I wish he had stayed as tqm played injured for a good part of 18.

GTZachary

Jolly Good Fellow
I mean he's got the size it wouldn't hurt to try either that or safety

No knock against him, but he doesn’t have the speed or fluidity to play on defense at this level. If he has his degree I’d love to see him transfer out to a smaller school, have great success at QB there and get a graduate education for free, if he wants to continue playing football. If he doesn’t, Tech grads are in high demand as always.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I've been and LJ fan since signing day. I thought he would do wonders for GT and CPJ's offense. Unfortunately, it seemed his career at GT has been snakebitten. Just as he was poised to play a significant role for CPJ, he broke his foot. Then the offense changes, seemingly to his benefit, and he keeps getting injured.

I think LJ is close to graduating. GT, and it doesn't matter who the coach is, IMO is only obligated to help a kid get his degree in exchange for signing here. Once LJ earns that degree, GT will have fulfilled their end of it. If our coaches decide that his scholarship would be better used on another guy, and LJ has his degree, I don't see anything wrong with it.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Honestly, with him graduating, the change in schemes here, his injury history, and Grahsm seemingly taking hold of the starting job it wouldn't surprise me if he just hangs it up and moves on. I could also see him transferring, but I would be surprised if he was still here next year.