Loyola Chicago (8) vs. Georgia Tech (9), Friday, 4pm ET, TBS

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
If we could have just hit a few more 3's, I really think it would have opened everything else up more and put more pressure on them to make things happen offensively. We let them get into their slow pace game and it totally worked in their favor.

I don't want to take away from Loyola because I thought they played well, but give us Moses and we win that game, I'm very confident in saying that.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Weren't you feeling a bit sick today? You are looking a bit pale. I think you should take the rest of the day off.
Problem is we let ourselves get killed from the perimeter.
Not sure what you mean. We had to collapse due to size difference down low. We were over compensating to keep from getting dominated inside. That left the outside open a lot. Calculated risk.

Moses would have made a difference shot blocking and rebounding. Proud of the team but pissed at our luck.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
I have to diasgree. If your guards are breaking them down consistently, you score more than 60 against a team without an interior defender. I honestly thought they were our equivalent in terms of athletes. I think we may have won with Moses but that was a quality team that would have been a struggle even with our real #5. However I recognize that this is just my opinion after only seeing them once.
We couldn’t rebound without Moses. Instead of running offense thru the ACC POTY, we had to run it thru our defensive starter who’s not an offensive threat. Truth is, Moses was the one guy we couldn’t lose.

slugboy

Staff member
The players played their hearts out. This is a fantastic looking team. Jose is definitely a cornerstone to build your team around. Even with the loss, I'm impressed by Pastner's coaching the last two years, especially with the way that Khalid, Jose, Bubba, Usher, Devoe, and gang went out there today. They play like champions.
I look forward to the new players we're bringing on board next year, and the growth of some of this year's recruits that weren't quite ready to start.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Not sure what you mean. We had to collapse due to size difference down low. We were over compensating to keep from getting dominated inside. That left the outside open a lot. Calculated risk.

Moses would have made a difference shot blocking and rebounding. Proud of the team but pissed at our luck.
We gave them “wide open” 3s all game

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
We couldn’t rebound without Moses. Instead of running offense thru the ACC POTY, we had to run it thru our defensive starter who’s not an offensive threat. Truth is, Moses was the one guy we couldn’t lose.
agree 100% with this.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I have to diasgree. If your guards are breaking them down consistently, you score more than 60 against a team without an interior defender. I honestly thought they were our equivalent in terms of athletes. I think we may have won with Moses but that was a quality team that would have been a struggle even with our real #5. However I recognize that this is just my opinion after only seeing them once.

We scored 60 on 47 shots. The reason for it being low was pace of play not because we couldn't consistently get by them.

We were driving far more consistently than they were. It wasn't close. There is a reason that even without Moses they were the ones who shot 27 threes to our 10, and we made 57% of our shots.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
just couldn't make up for moses scoring and rebounding.still a strong effort
Easily 3 layups that were missed that Moses makes and a handful of rebounds he easily grabs that went to Loyola for second chance points. We needed someone to step up in his absence and our bench was....awful

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
We scored 60 on 47 shots. The reason for it being low was pace of play not because we couldn't consistently get by them.

We were driving far more consistently than they were. It wasn't close. There is a reason that even without Moses they were the ones who shot 27 threes to our 10, and we made 57% of our shots.
Then I would say if the pace of play was lower than what we wanted then they were the ones who imposed their will on us, which really is the essence of team sports. I have no problem saying that if we played them 10 times without Moses, they would win 8 out of 10 times. i did not see us having a single advantage over them (again without MW in our lineup).

Let me say I thought our kids gave it all their all. I am proud of their accomplishments to date and effort today.