Loyola Chicago (8) vs. Georgia Tech (9), Friday, 4pm ET, TBS

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I can see his point. We were not exactly rolling over our opponents during this latest 8 game streak. Moses was/is a huge part of our offense and defense. For Christ's sake, he was the ACC POY. Anyone, including Gonzaga, would be lessened by the loss of their best player.

The place where I disagree with him is that we cannot make up for Moses's absence. If Krutwig can simply do as he pleases in the lane, we are in trouble. But, I think our guys will not let that happen. He's big, but not so big that we cannot defend against him.

Sunday? That may be a very different story, but I hope we can play that one out in due time.
Um...our opponents were much better than any team LUC has faced this year. So...does LUC suck or are they good? NO ONE knows. Sunday, agreed, is a different game.

gt24

Jolly Good Fellow
The biggest concern for me is that they use Krutwig away from the hoop in a very similar way Pastner used to use Lammers. He initiates a lot of offense for them from the high post area. I really question Rodney's ability to play with CK in space. On straight post-ups I think he might do fine but Loyola is going to drag him away from the paint at times and that leaves us susceptible.

Of course, we have a couple of wolves out on the perimeter in Alvarado and Usher who can hopefully deny and make Krutwig put the ball on the floor. If that happens, we might be successful on the defensive side.
this is why i think we will play a lot of hybrid zone

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
Need some advice. I don't think any of my kids were around the last time GT was in the NCAA's. They only think they've seem me depravedly rooting for my Jackets.

How do I prepare them for the psycho, ref-hating, Sister Jean-taunting, monster they're about to encounter later this afternoon?
Just send them to bed early and tell them not to leave their beds no matter what they hear

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Need some advice. I don't think any of my kids were around the last time GT was in the NCAA's. They only think they've seem me depravedly rooting for my Jackets.

How do I prepare them for the psycho, ref-hating, Sister Jean-taunting, monster they're about to encounter later this afternoon?
Just sit them down and explain to them that Daddy may not be his usual tranquil self this afternoon - but should return to normal by evening.
Maybe ask them if they've ever seen "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde".

Deleted member 2897

Tech thrives off being the underdog. There is not a single national "expert" who is picking us. It's crazy. We are the ACC champs with an 8 game, ACC win streak running. I saw us without Moses at Duke. It'll look different, but we will be ok, I think.

At the end of the day, Loyola has feasted off mid-majors, lost to VCU and Wisconsin, and besides going 1-1 is a mediocre Drake team, hasn't don't anything.

I don't think we kill them, but if I was a betting man, I'd put money on Tech this week. We are 6-1 against the spread the last 7 games.

Here is the list in the entire country of teams with 7+ game win streaks. Gonzaga (26), San Diego State (14), Colgate (13), Liberty (12), Texas Southern (10), Georgia Tech (8), Houston (7), Illinois (7), Winthrop (7), Norfolk State (7), Morehead State (7).

As you look at that list, you'll note there are only like 5 teams in the entire country who did it with reasonably difficult schedules.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Oh god, you reproduced?

Aww yeah. Hey, somebody's gotta keep you guys' ladies company while you're tailgaitin'.

You're welcome.
Just sit them down and explain to them that Daddy may not be his usual tranquil self this afternoon - but should return to normal by evening.
Maybe ask them if they've ever seen "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde".
Nice.

"So kids .... you remember the story of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde? Well, isssabout to go down in real life, baybee!!!"

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Unfortunately I don’t have one of those jobs where I’m allowed to get sick, etc. Love my work but damn it really F’s me over sometimes when I just want to do what I want to do.
I have turned off the data on my phone so I could not hear about or see the result, then turned on my DVR when I got the chance. I know it's not quite the same, but once the game starts (on my TV) it doesn't lessen the tension one bit. The game might as well be live.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
This is why I know we’re not losing today!
This was from Jose’s IG page
FD4AA30B-FF8E-48A9-9202-1EBD9875315F.jpeg

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Catching up to this thread because my deal with myself was work early am, and then FutureMidtownJacket gets to stop work at 4PM EST, pop a cold beer and cheer on the boys in white and gold. So I am just going to do a monster reply. Well played GTSwarm.. y'all are killing it today. A few of my favorites..

Respekt for trying to better thyself, but the first step in becoming is to know thyself, and brotherman your kids are about to KNOW you, know what I mean?
Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Oh god, you reproduced?

Scared Halloween GIF
fail bob ross GIF
Weren't you feeling a bit sick today? You are looking a bit pale. I think you should take the rest of the day off.
This is some strong advice, Solidarity with Moses we should all request work pause.
Strike Union GIF by Industrial Workers of the World

There’s no get-bak coach for the get-bak coach
This one was just.. perfect
200.gif

Just send them to bed early and tell them not to leave their beds no matter what they hear
Merry Christmas GIF by Freeform

LibertyTurns

Banned
@kg01 There needs to be a GT fan- parent rearing guide. You gotta start them in diapers. Taught my son to say “piss on ‘em” as soon as he was able. He’s now fully grown and is as loyal a GT fan (he also got out) as you’d ever wanna meet. Swears at tvs, hates mutts with a passion, nervous even with the biggest of leads, etc. Start early, rear them often.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
@kg01 There needs to be a GT fan- parent rearing guide. You gotta start them in diapers. Taught my son to say “piss on ‘em” as soon as he was able. He’s now fully grown and is as loyal a GT fan (he also got out) as you’d ever wanna meet. Swears at tvs, hates mutts with a passion, nervous even with the biggest of leads, etc. Start early, rear them often.
You forgot to teach him to be overly optimistic about every season, game, recruit, etc.??? And then upset when that optimism is not rewarded?