Loyola Chicago (8) vs. Georgia Tech (9), Friday, 4pm ET, TBS

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
EspnU Radio: Jeff Goodman just said Tech is in big trouble and he sees us getting absolutely shredded without Moses.

Challenge accepted.
I can see his point. We were not exactly rolling over our opponents during this latest 8 game streak. Moses was/is a huge part of our offense and defense. For Christ's sake, he was the ACC POY. Anyone, including Gonzaga, would be lessened by the loss of their best player.

The place where I disagree with him is that we cannot make up for Moses's absence. If Krutwig can simply do as he pleases in the lane, we are in trouble. But, I think our guys will not let that happen. He's big, but not so big that we cannot defend against him.

Sunday? That may be a very different story, but I hope we can play that one out in due time.

Deleted member 2897

EspnU Radio: Jeff Goodman just said Tech is in big trouble and he sees us getting absolutely shredded without Moses.

Challenge accepted.

These same **** wads have been writing us and the conference off all year. Yea it won’t be an easy game, but we can win this game.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I can see his point. We were not exactly rolling over our opponents during this latest 8 game streak. Moses was/is a huge part of our offense and defense. For Christ's sake, he was the ACC POY. Anyone, including Gonzaga, would be lessened by the loss of their best player.

The place where I disagree with him is that we cannot make up for Moses's absence. If Krutwig can simply do as he pleases in the lane, we are in trouble. But, I think our guys will not let that happen. He's big, but not so big that we cannot defend against him.

Sunday? That may be a very different story, but I hope we can play that one out in due time.

The biggest concern for me is that they use Krutwig away from the hoop in a very similar way Pastner used to use Lammers. He initiates a lot of offense for them from the high post area. I really question Rodney's ability to play with CK in space. On straight post-ups I think he might do fine but Loyola is going to drag him away from the paint at times and that leaves us susceptible.

Of course, we have a couple of wolves out on the perimeter in Alvarado and Usher who can hopefully deny and make Krutwig put the ball on the floor. If that happens, we might be successful on the defensive side.

Deleted member 2897

Average margin of victory over our 8 game ACC win-streak: 10.1

Bringing facts into this. Yea, we suck for not beating a top 15 team on a neutral court by more than 5 points. We also beat Miami during their single best stretch of basketball all season. We beat a ranked Virginia Tech team on the road. We beat Duke when they were on a 3 game winning streak and talking about getting into the tournament. We beat Syracuse who won something like 9 of their last 13 games.

Milwaukee

Banned
The biggest concern for me is that they use Krutwig away from the hoop in a very similar way Pastner used to use Lammers. He initiates a lot of offense for them from the high post area. I really question Rodney's ability to play with CK in space. On straight post-ups I think he might do fine but Loyola is going to drag him away from the paint at times and that leaves us susceptible.

Of course, we have a couple of wolves out on the perimeter in Alvarado and Usher who can hopefully deny and make Krutwig put the ball on the floor. If that happens, we might be successful on the defensive side.
This is exactly what they’re gonna do. Krutwig will play away from the basket and they’ll run everything through him. Hopefully we can out athlete them. Should be fun either way.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
I can see his point. We were not exactly rolling over our opponents during this latest 8 game streak.
Go look at the other P5 teams that have put together an in conference win streak like GT just did. I be you could count them on one hand. I don't think you realize how hard it is to win that many games in a row in the ACC.

supertech1984

Georgia Tech Fan
Tech thrives off being the underdog. There is not a single national "expert" who is picking us. It's crazy. We are the ACC champs with an 8 game, ACC win streak running. I saw us without Moses at Duke. It'll look different, but we will be ok, I think.

At the end of the day, Loyola has feasted off mid-majors, lost to VCU and Wisconsin, and besides going 1-1 is a mediocre Drake team, hasn't don't anything.

I don't think we kill them, but if I was a betting man, I'd put money on Tech this week. We are 6-1 against the spread the last 7 games.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Lol, the way the narrative is we’re basically playing with house money now.

I don't know much (i.e. not woke) about basketball but am stoked for the game. I know we won't give up and should do better in the second half than the first. (We usually do.)

That said, I love the playing with house money analogy. No real downside as long as we play with our usual passion. The thing is that one of the two teams is going to lose. Hope it's them.