Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I'd bet some money that our lineup for the majority of the game will be:

Jose
Devoe
Sturdivant
Usher
Moore

I think depth (both for minutes and if any of those players get in foul trouble) will be the bigger issue, but I'm pretty confident with that lineup still.
It will be interesting to see how we use Moore and Usher with that lineup.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Callin' it now .... all you dudes frettin' and forgettin' ....

... we got the Brooklyn Burgler, who always works late!

... we got silky smoove Michaelangelo Devoe, tell me this ain't a pretty portrait ...

We got the alien fka JUsh comin' atcha ...

... oh you was lookin' for that other highlight, well (checks his pockets) I think we're fresh outta dunk highlight .. wait, watch-yo hed ...

And anybody scared-a backups having to come in and contribute, did you not see Sturdivant come in cold and play a key role in the title game? Did you not see Howard come in and hold the rope?

If you scared, be a dawg. The rest of y'all get on the bus, Stinger of course, and pull for the guys.

The Alien already told y'all ....

This reminds me of the old pump up videos the thrashers (RIP) used to do in Atl..

200.gif

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Not Khalid at the 5? (I think we're more guard-driven than center-driven anyway)

We'll see. I may be the only one who still feels optimistic, but I'm looking forward to watching Friday.
If you go small, I don't think you put Khalid out there. We are looking for driving lanes and they will back off of him just like FSU did. His defender will be sitting in the paint. I think you go Bubba, Kyle, Jose, Devoe and Usher. Yep this lineup is really small and will have to dig/hustle like hell on D - but could do really well with a 5 out set with some motion.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Unless you think Khalid is going to do a materially better defensive job on him ....

The offensive rational is kind of clear. Though I would be the first to say this isn't a 40 min play.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Unless you think Khalid is going to do a materially better defensive job on him ....

The offensive rational is kind of clear. Though I would be the first to say this isn't a 40 min play.

No I don't. That's why you put in an actual front court player to play him.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
FWIW, I think this game will come down to TO's.
In their 4 losses they avg 16.5 TOG, in their 22 wins 11.2,
14 against WI, 18 against Richmond, 15 against Ind St, 19 against Drake.

I expect Howard to start, but i also don't think he'll last a whole game, he avg a foul every 5 min. He is likely to play 20-25 min max imo.
i like Krutwig alot. He has athletic limitations, but he is extremely smart, has great hands, and has really good footwork. He's almost 2 different players when you watch film. When he is at the top of the key he is generally looking to make passes. When he is in the post he is looking to score, though still keeping his eye out.
I full expect Krutwig to get his. He has scored in double figures in 23 games and has 6 games of 20+ (three 22 and three 20). He is also not called for fouls, he avg just over 1 per game, has only fouled out of one game this year and other than that 1 game has not been called for more than 3 fouls in any game this season (that has happened 5 times).

The key will be to get their other players to turn the ball over and to keep them from getting easy baskets off passes.

on offense we need to be smart and not settle for jumpshots. Work to get to the rim.

I expect to see some 'normal' lineup with Howard, but I do think we will see some minutes with no bigs in the game.

We will need a game somewhat similar to FSU in that we need to really take care of the ball and force the opponent into more TO than their season avg.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
FWIW, I think this game will come down to TO's.
In their 4 losses they avg 16.5 TOG, in their 22 wins 11.2,
14 against WI, 18 against Richmond, 15 against Ind St, 19 against Drake.

I expect Howard to start, but i also don't think he'll last a whole game, he avg a foul every 5 min. He is likely to play 20-25 min max imo.
i like Krutwig alot. He has athletic limitations, but he is extremely smart, has great hands, and has really good footwork. He's almost 2 different players when you watch film. When he is at the top of the key he is generally looking to make passes. When he is in the post he is looking to score, though still keeping his eye out.
I full expect Krutwig to get his. He has scored in double figures in 23 games and has 6 games of 20+ (three 22 and three 20). He is also not called for fouls, he avg just over 1 per game, has only fouled out of one game this year and other than that 1 game has not been called for more than 3 fouls in any game this season (that has happened 5 times).

The key will be to get their other players to turn the ball over and to keep them from getting easy baskets off passes.

on offense we need to be smart and not settle for jumpshots. Work to get to the rim.

I expect to see some 'normal' lineup with Howard, but I do think we will see some minutes with no bigs in the game.

We will need a game somewhat similar to FSU in that we need to really take care of the ball and force the opponent into more TO than their season avg.
This team generates everything off of turnovers. Energy, easy baskets in transition, everything. It's been that way all year.

It is fun basketball to watch.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Watching Loyola’s center, he isn’t a athletic big man that can jump a lot. Saba with his 7’5 wingspan could really give him some problems.

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow
Well, maybe Loyola defense is so highly rated because MVC offenses suck in general. Drake has scored 25 points with less than 13 minutes left in the game. (I know, totally anecdotal, but fun to say)

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Well, maybe Loyola defense is so highly rated because MVC offenses suck in general. Drake has scored 25 points with less than 13 minutes left in the game. (I know, totally anecdotal, but fun to say)
I have to say, I’m watching this drake game and I’m not very impressed. They look slow and and not very talented. If this is team that pushed Loyola in the conference I am feeling better about this game.

GT_EE78

Banned
our sos is about 40th(sagarin) theirs about 130th, so there's that to consider