Louisville Uniform Reveal

ME22

Georgia Tech Fan
These helmets look great. Don’t really care for the blue on blue but that’s not really that big of a deal to me

Actually the NCAA rule is that the opposing team HAS to wear white. The only way that the home team can wear white is that they get permission from the visiting team BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS (Rule 1-4-5-b). This last part, combined with the fact that this was supposed to be the Cape Day uniform game, is probably why we are wearing all dark. As per the rule above, we have to have the home games that we are wearing white shirts approved in writing before the start of the season. We were planning to wear Cape Day unis tonight, so we obviously didn’t seek approval for home whites for this game. Cape Day unis didn’t come in, and we missed our pre-season window to have home team whites approved, so we had to fall back to all navy, as Louisville had (I’m sure) already scripted their all white (shirts and pants) look for this game.
When did the NCAA reinstate that rule? It was first instituted in the 80s and is why blue ever came into the picture at all at Tech. But it was my understanding that they ultimately rescinded the rule. When did they rescind that rescind?

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
When did the NCAA reinstate that rule? It was first instituted in the 80s and is why blue ever came into the picture at all at Tech. But it was my understanding that they ultimately rescinded the rule. When did they rescind that rescind?
It’s in the most recent (that I can find with a quick search) documentation of the rules in 2018.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
They are, quite literally, exactly the same. Only difference tonight will be gold face mask.
I have a feeling Super might have been mistakenly comparing tonight’s unis and the recently posted blue jersey photo with gold and white stingers on the shoulder, with white numerals/gold outline and white name on back. The photo that Ibee posted is the same as tonight’s setup.

Look at these two uniforms and tell me they are the same...
1602257592466.png

Attachments

• Blue uniforms.jpeg
    Blue uniforms.jpeg
    216.3 KB · Views: 32

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
Those are not the uniforms shown at the top of this thread as being worn tonight. Not even close.
No offense but you really need your eyes checked. You have stated in multiple different threads about the blue uniforms that none look as good as the Detriot ones or one doesn't look like the other. They are all literally the exact same uniform. We have ONE set of blue jerseys and pants. I don't see what you keep seeing that is different but it is literally the same uni. And when I say literally, I don't mean we didnt change anything and they look the same, I mean LITERALLY. Look at the close up pics of the uni reveal. You can even see where they removed the "150" patch that was on there from last year and replaced it with the new unity patch.

Ej1-FPUXgAERDqY