Louisville Post Game

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
I'm sure a certain part of Louisville's performance had to do with their psyche too. It just doesn't feel good to be a 2-3 team.

Really glad to see our guys not hang their heads after three tough losses. Bigger challenges are still ahead but looks like they've been at work trying to get things fixed.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I'm sure a certain part of Louisville's performance had to do with their psyche too. It just doesn't feel good to be a 2-3 team.

Really glad to see our guys not hang their heads after three tough losses. Bigger challenges are still ahead but looks like they've been at work trying to get things fixed.
According to the Louisville fans on their message board they think the Louisville AD will bite the bullet and pay Bobby Petrino's huge buyout and fire him at the end of the season

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

Probably just me but I would play the freshman if I were Louisville. He seemed to give them a spark but then he also has a bad habit of staring down receivers too.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
According to the Louisville fans on their message board they think the Louisville AD will bite the bullet and pay Bobby Petrino's huge buyout and fire him at the end of the season

Well, he should not have given him a huge buy out to start with. Coaches are well paid for what they do and they should be content with that. What is the buyout anyway for Coach Perino? Something like $11 million or some other ridiculous figure. Looks to me like they are stuck with him for the time being.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Well, he should not have given him a huge buy out to start with. Coaches are well paid for what they do and they should be content with that. What is the buyout anyway for Coach Perino? Something like $11 million or some other ridiculous figure. Looks to me like they are stuck with him for the time being.
Bobby Petrino's buddy Tom Jurich is gone so he's very,very vulnerable to being fired. The Louisville fans said his buyout was something like 12.5 million

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I saw the most improvement on ST kickoffs last night. Coverage attacked the ball carrier and they came with speed. We still gave up a lot (over 300) of yards passing. That is two straight games and both wins. We will need to improve more in pass coverage against the better teams. We owned UL defensive line last night. That was impressive.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I don't think UNC would touch Petrino. He brings too much baggage and they are still reeling from.the AFAM controversity. They sure got away with that one. The shoe thing didn't help their image either. The thing that will get Fedora fired is the improvement of NCSU and Duke. Both are out recruiting him and NCSU is getting most if the top NC high school players.

slugboy

Staff member
I don't know about anyone else but I thought their only real chance was to force a three and out at the start of the third quarter and see if they could score quick to put pressure on Tech. The absolute worst thing for them was what happened. The patented Death March not only made it a three touchdown lead but their offense was in a do or die situation after having to stand around for nearly 8 minutes. For all practical purposes, I felt you could stick a fork in them at that point.

I was expecting an onside kick. I think CPJ was too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
I think Bobby can probably turn it around next season. If not, the program is dead in the water. They can't fire him and they cut off their biggest booster. They don't have the deep history of most other scholls or the geographic location to recruit without the momentum of winning seasons. If they have three years of being at the bottom of the ACC then they are probably going to resemble most other basketball schools like Indiana, Kansas, etc. for a very long time, if not indefinitely.

I was against Louisville joining the ACC partly because of this reason, and the conference might pay the price.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I think Bobby can probably turn it around next season. If not, the program is dead in the water. They can't fire him and they cut off their biggest booster. They don't have the deep history of most other scholls or the geographic location to recruit without the momentum of winning seasons. If they have three years of being at the bottom of the ACC then they are probably going to resemble most other basketball schools like Indiana, Kansas, etc. for a very long time, if not indefinitely.

I was against Louisville joining the ACC partly because of this reason, and the conference might pay the price.
I think Louisville could very well bite the bullet and fire him anyway

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
Did anybody else see the chop block that took their nose guard out in the 3rd quarter? I know the center was trying to get around him, but it sucks for the guy to go down on that kind of play.