Louisville, anyone?

What will our record be against Louisville this weekend?

• 3-0, here we go!

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • 2-1, have some fun

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • 1-2, makes me blue

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • 0-3, woe is me

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I said Divine Intervention, D1 said Upset of the Day. Regardless, inshallah.

1679236275596.png

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Hall said he was behind Hill in recovery. So no idea.

Any word on Logan Bogue? Highly ranked FR.

He's having a hard time learning how to walk the leadoff batter. :ROFLMAO:

Came in walked 2, got a pop out. So he learned but came in with 2 outs.

.1 IP and 0 ERA. :) But 6 WHIP. :rolleyes:

Glad we won one @LVille. Played respectably and flashes of pitching improvement but continue sustained inconsistency.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Came in walked 2, got a pop out. So he learned but came in with 2 outs.

.1 IP and 0 ERA. :) But 6 WHIP. :rolleyes:

Glad we won one @LVille. Played respectably and flashes of pitching improvement but continue sustained inconsistency.
Not sure I'd have picked that situation for his 1st college pitching opportunity. Maybe Wofford would have been better?

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
I was at Louisville for the first 2 games. Ducked out of the third to get home and take care of business in Cincinnati.

Tech baseball exceeded my expectations. Could have won game 1, but gave it away with errors and an untimely walk. Won game 2, putting our foot on their throats in the 9th. Game 3, we took a lead and Louisville responded. We didn't have much of a response for them. Could have won this series, but need defense, pitching, and offspeed hitting to improve.

Killerbees🐝

Georgia Tech Fan
I was at Louisville for the first 2 games. Ducked out of the third to get home and take care of business in Cincinnati.

Tech baseball exceeded my expectations. Could have won game 1, but gave it away with errors and an untimely walk. Won game 2, putting our foot on their throats in the 9th. Game 3, we took a lead and Louisville responded. We didn't have much of a response for them. Could have won this series, but need defense, pitching, and offspeed hitting to improve.
We have pitching and fielding that “I think” will keep us in games most of the time (it’s baseball), but not win us games. Once again we need the bats to lead the way. I do think we are better than last at this same time frame.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
We have pitching and fielding that “I think” will keep us in games most of the time (it’s baseball), but not win us games. Once again we need the bats to lead the way. I do think we are better than last at this same time frame.
I have that same opinion. I think we are a more complete team than last year. Hopefully the guys can stay healthy and get hot at the right time in May and June.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
I have that same opinion. I think we are a more complete team than last year. Hopefully the guys can stay healthy and get hot at the right time in May and June.
Hopefully, getting to play 4 games at home this week against Wofford and Clemson will help us get some confidence back and get some of the guys that are slumping a bit back in the groove.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
It was obviously a bad result this weekend. Maybe it’s a big dash of copium, but I thought we were the better team two of the three games. I think this series could have been a big momentum builder, so I hope the boys realize how close they were to a break out series win. Hope we rebound well this week.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
It was obviously a bad result this weekend. Maybe it’s a big dash of copium, but I thought we were the better team two of the three games. I think this series could have been a big momentum builder, so I hope the boys realize how close they were to a break out series win. Hope we rebound well this week.
I know you were just talking about the weekend series, but we were the better team vs Auburn, too. We were two breaths away from being 3-1 this week.

Hard to swallow, sure. But I feel pretty good about the trajectory. I'd rather be good in June than March.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
That was his first time on the mound in a game in two and a half years. He will be fine, it’s been a long road. One of the hardest working, resilient kids I’ve seen.
I apologize if that sounded like an attack against the kid. That was tic pre-game and definitely not directed at the kid, but at Borrell.

Many of us on here are excited for him to pitch as he’s worked thru his surgery and no doubt tough recovery. It must to have been a real challenge in his first game to face #8 on the road in absolutely frigid conditions. I’d have opted to have a more favorable 1st outing, like starting off an inning at home in some decent weather conditions against an easier opponent but he’s now over that 1st game hump.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
That was his first time on the mound in a game in two and a half years. He will be fine, it’s been a long road. One of the hardest working, resilient kids I’ve seen.

Hope to see him get a couple innings here and there while building back up.

The reason I asked about him before he showed up was I had forgotten about his Perfect Game rankings. Pretty awesome potential.

Rhetorical question that you shouldn't answer. But why do our pitchers throw so few first pitch strikes. It's not like DBo and Hall haven't said they want to see more. I like them even if it's a hit (other than HR :) ) since it gets a good chance for a GO or FO and reduce pitch count.