Louisville - ACC Weekend #2

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Huge to get a game up on UL + the tie-breaker. And should climb up the polls. Top 10 minimum. Think our pitching showed enough cracks that people will be afraid to go Top 5 though. Guessing around 7/8.

Sitting atop the conference at 5-1 after playing the toughest schedule. Not bad at all.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
Too hype. This is how you win big games and big series. These young men look ready to face anyone that comes their way. A few worrisome spots through the game today that raised some concern, but nothing CDH cant iron out I'd hope. Overall well done, and well earned series win for Tech. Let's get these boys top 10!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

I understand where you're coming from. Just be patient and if we win it will work out.

Side note on Kendall is post is he picked us to take the series and Aaron Fitt our long time D1 supporter, didn't. After Friday, Aaron had a lock ........ till we scored 32 runs.

Raw, mauling and primitive power.

We are going to get a lot of love.

Just beat Pitt Friday. @GT so we don't have to play on that Jr HS field.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Who cares about rankings? We just won a heavy weight fight against the team which is the most talented (by Perfect Game and most rankings) in the ACC.

We win, we fine.

More tomorrow after unwinding. Great time in chat. Thanks all!!
Agreed! If I'm not mistaken, we're now 5-1 against the two top "ranked" preseason teams in the ACC. Rankings? I don't give a F... about rankings. Just give me W's and I'll be happy!

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
But while we're talking about rankings entertain me for a second. Wasnt Louisville ranked #1 by PG?

And I remember a certain man of quality saying, "In order to be the man, you gotta BEAT the man" (s/o. Ric Flair)

We beat the man this week. Let's prove why we deserve to be the man!
Louisville were ranked #5 by D1Baseball. We were ranked #12. Those are the rankings that I usually refer to. They do their homework.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'm of the who really cares about rankings (at this point in season) camp. But I'm going to point out....

Maybe we should be top 10. Seems reasonable... but to look at preseason rankings & how we've faired against NCST & Louisville? Neither of them have performed like their preseason rankings would indicate. Both have BAD out of conference loses & a combined 2 wins in the ACC. Ga Tech has a couple BAD losses too.

Wanting to be ranked in top 10 is fine. We probably deserve it; but there are probably 20 teams that could cherry pick wins (& diminish their losses) to make same case.

It WILL work itself out. If we remain at top of the conference... we'll be there. We're a very good ball club.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
But while we're talking about rankings entertain me for a second. Wasnt Louisville ranked #1 by PG?

And I remember a certain man of quality saying, "In order to be the man, you gotta BEAT the man" (s/o. Ric Flair)

We beat the man this week. Let's prove why we deserve to be the man!

Yes Perfect Game had L'Ville #1. But they aren't really competent for college. They make their money shilling HS kids rankings. And hosting events.

BTW, good Fibonacci call.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Now y’all know what I was typin’ about way back in the middle of football last October, when I typed to y’all that I was lookin’ forward to baseball this February (and I meant March, too).
Interestingly enough I'm from NY, but have spent enough time in the ATL to understand what you are saying!

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
As thrilled as I am to win again today and be 5-1, am I the only person who is seriously concerned about how we pitched this weekend? We gave up 11, 6 and 9 runs! Our offense saved us, but we all know that in baseball, good pitching always beats good hitting (over the course of a season).

I wasn't impressed with our pitching and I was seriously not impressed with Louisville's staff. Their staff ERA is up to 4.36 after this weekend....

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
I understand where you're coming from. Just be patient and if we win it will work out.

Side note on Kendall is post is he picked us to take the series and Aaron Fitt our long time D1 supporter, didn't. After Friday, Aaron had a lock ........ till we scored 32 runs.

Raw, mauling and primitive power.

We are going to get a lot of love.

Just beat Pitt Friday. @GT so we don't have to play on that Jr HS field.

Yeah that Pitt home field advantage is a real thing on that turf and weather up there. Same BS when Maryland was in the ACC. Remember catching that series in the early 2010s and our infield was struggling with ground balls left and right off the turf.

jatchet

Jolly Good Fellow
We were a consensus top 25 team coming into the season and in 3 weeks have beaten 2 ACC teams ranked ahead of us. No reason to do anything but be excited at this point.

Forget bad pitching, we pitched better. Forget Pitt's advantage, I'll take better team over better field all day. Forget "it's never as good as it seems"; seems good, now so crack a beer and celebrate.

Go Jackets!