Louisville - ACC Weekend #2

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone know how visiting fans are getting into games? Is there an allotment of tix that goes to visitors? If so... how many? ...or are those fans getting tix on the "market". I assume there's an allotment. I just don't recall seeing that explicitly stated on the attendance policy.

jatchet

Jolly Good Fellow
Does anyone know how visiting fans are getting into games? Is there an allotment of tix that goes to visitors? If so... how many? ...or are those fans getting tix on the "market". I assume there's an allotment. I just don't recall seeing that explicitly stated on the attendance policy.

My guess is an allotment as well. Not only is it hard to find much of anything on the market, all the away fans seem to be in the same small area along the first base line. If they were getting them on open market, I doubt I'd have seen EKU, Mercer, and L'Ville fans all in the same several seats each game. I'd have expected a Tech fan sprinkled in those seats or to see them empty while those fans picked better open market seats.

Based on what I've seen, starting in section 12, they ran out of GT season ticket holders and held them in reserve for away fans/family first and the rest for Tech students.

I haven't seen an announcement, so sadly no facts for you. But I doubt they would publicize it much with tickets being so hard to get now.

My guess is an allotment as well. Not only is it hard to find much of anything on the market, all the away fans seem to be in the same small area along the first base line. If they were getting them on open market, I doubt I'd have seen EKU, Mercer, and L'Ville fans all in the same several seats each game. I'd have expected a Tech fan sprinkled in those seats or to see them empty while those fans picked better open market seats.

Based on what I've seen, starting in section 12, they ran out of GT season ticket holders and held them in reserve for away fans/family first and the rest for Tech students.

I haven't seen an announcement, so sadly no facts for you. But I doubt they would publicize it much with tickets being so hard to get now.

No real reason not to open up outdoor events to at least 50% capacity.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
After thinking about it more, pretty amazing game where we demonstrated we can beat the best and lose to average teams.

I think Malloy in the post game gave away a secret. (tic) We prepare for pitchers and know their tendencies. How professional. Wonder whether that is more Ramsey or DBo or a 50/50 combination? That would explain to some minor extent why we had trouble with the Ga State pitcher. We still should have adapted after first time through, but still. And here were the stats for L'Ville starting pitcher Elliott before yesterday, may have been the worst abuse he has taken in 5 years. We got 7ER in 3.0 IP. 8 hits, 1BB and 2 HBP. That's a 3.67 WHIP against his lifetime average of 1.14:
1615133012161.png

And here is who should be starting today, Luke Smith - 5th year so we may have some info on his tendencies (tic). Just stay patient at the plate, run up the pitch count and hit the ball where they ain't (including out of the park). Pretty easy (when it's someone else up there).

1615133510933.png

4). For those of you who think hall has a slow hook ....... be glad your not a Louisville fan
7). Got some youngun’s who really want to show they can play!
8) winning beats loosing

4). I love it when the other team has a slow hook. Friday when we were way behind, I had no problem leaving Mannelly in to absorb damage and just get the game over. But when the game is on the line or we are trying not to have another epic collapse, I don't like the slow hook. Slow hook yesterday on Huff. Here are the pros and cons of the slow hook that I see:
Pros
  • Had a big lead (13-2) and just needed someone to eat outs.​
  • Allowing Huff to stay in may have helped develop him, gave up 3ER in 7th and 1 ER in the 8th.​
  • Chance Huff is Sophomore transfer from Vandy. 0 ERA in 2.1 IP in 3 appearances and 1.39 WHIP this year.​
Cons
  • Came in and walked first two batters on 9 pitches. So no control. I'd pull there and try another of the 20+ pitchers who need work. We need to spread around work more.
  • Then had wild pitch to advance both runners. Then two hard hits. Then settled in with 2 SOs and a FO.
  • Allowing two leadoff walks for reliever should result in getting pulled if you want the message to the rest of the bullpen to be - Throw Strikes!!
  • We had our foot on L'Ville throat and those 3 runs gave them a glimmer of hope. As it turns out, we just kept scoring. But we have blown big leads before from the slow hook before. Don't make me refer to NC State or Auburn or .........
7). The young-uns. Had 6 Fr in starting lineup. That is really scary for next year. And we should get better as the year goes on. It is really great that those guys just shrugged off two bad games in a row to do what they did. Having a short memory is a blessing for a baseball player I guess.

This year I kind of expect more bi-polar schizophrenic type performances. Someone needs to ask Hall or Ramsey or DBo why good or bad batting and pitching seem to be contagious. It just seems that when we get into the groove of throwing strikes, everyone does. And when we get into throwing balls or hitting batters, everyone does. Look at L'Ville yesterday. Truly abysmal pitching (they threw 213 pitches in 8 innings) and hit lots of batters. The day before we did.
1615135215966.png

1615135349404.png

LibertyTurns

Banned
@GTNavyNuke Huff started the game yesterday with an ERA north of 7. Not sure your stat is correct. Definitely took some balls to leave him in there in the 7th when we were only a couple more mistakes from Looie getting back in the game.

Deleted member 2897

Baseball is such a unique sport. You can go 4-1 against the elite programs of the world, and lose to Eastern Kentucky and Georgia State. Where you lose game 1 to Louisville and panic about being swept, but then 1 game later you’re assured of at least a 1-2, which is not bad against the #1 team.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
They talked about Compton playing both 3rd and 1st last year (as well as in HS and Travel ball).

They seem to talk more about HS teams than travel teams on the freshman.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Pregame:
CDH says Wilhite still out. He (Wilhite) will have his nose "looked at" tomorrow. Malloy took BP, but CDH is concerned about the left shoulder & wanted to talk with him (Malloy) before making final decision on having him in lineup today.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Likely player passes. Tech has them too for family and friends.

theDarnold

Georgia Tech Fan
Anybody know the origin/meaning of the overhead clap for someone in the lineup? It’s been Colin Hall this year, I remember McCann was the year prior. Is it by team vote?

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Caught a break in B4 as Compton sent one to the warning track with 2 on that the CF looked like he had a bead on and just whiffed it. Hall follows up with and aggressive base-running triple. 7-2 Tech to the 5th.