LOUISVILLE 2/1/23 GAME THREAD

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
In the locker room, fired. CJS can coach this team and possibly close the deal on the recruits he worked so hard to get interested.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I really thought we would lose but a 10 point loss where we never seemed in it is tough. To Louisville, no less.

Someone prove to me that this team hasn’t given up. Not blaming the players, just saying there’s nothing left in the tank. Am I wrong?

majorQ9

Jolly Good Fellow
Tonight was a must win for Pastner and the end result was a 10 point loss to previously winless team. Tells you all you need to know

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
I asked this question on Twitter as well. What loss is more embarrassing…Duke at home by 43 or Louisville on the road by 10? I’m going with tonight’s game. Both are totally unacceptable.

slugboy

Staff member
I really thought we would lose but a 10 point loss where we never seemed in it is tough. To Louisville, no less.

Someone prove to me that this team hasn’t given up. Not blaming the players, just saying there’s nothing left in the tank. Am I wrong?

We’re 1-11 in conference, losing 8 in a row. 8-14 overall, and I am wondering how many wins we actually get.

Haslametrics has this season graph, and we’re trending down all year—it’s not the chart I’d have expected with Pastner—he usually starts out absolutely terrible, but gets better. This year has been downhill all year. If it were an ICU, the doctor would be “calling it” right now, or at least using the paddles a lot.

Haslametrics.com.png

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Is this our first year without Reveno on the bench?

Just saying our coaching staff seems ludicrous....but Reveno seemed to be pretty good.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
It gets better. Next game is at NC State. They are currently demolishing FSU 44-14 in the first half. We may not score in the first half.

there are three games left that look like reasonable chances to win. ND, Florida Tech and Louisville, all at home. Other games look like probable losses unless something radical changes

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Is this our first year without Reveno on the bench?

Just saying our coaching staff seems ludicrous....but Reveno seemed to be pretty good.
I've been critical of the staff all year. A lot of scouting and recruiting is done by the staff. Reveno was a big loss.