Lorenzo Carter vs Antonio Simmons

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Fun player comparison.
I'm gonna watch how these 2 stack up against each other in the coming years.

Lorenzo Carter
Sr Stats per Maxpreps: http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/lorenzo-carter/QdovTPTtEeKZ5AAmVebBJg/gendersport/football-stats.htm

Tackles
88 Solo 44 Asst Total = 132
Sacks 6 YLD 41 Hur 10 (AJC list him having 18 sacks)

Others
PD 5 Fum Rec 3 FR Yrds 7

Parade Highschool All American
First-team all-state player for the Class AAAAAA championship team
6A Defensive Player of the Year
Carter, 6-foot-5, 235 pounds

Antonio Simmons
http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/ant...EeOZ5AAmVebBJg/gendersport/football-stats.htm

Totals
33 Tackls 17 Solo Total = 50 (19 Tackles for loss)
Sacks 29 YDL 150 Hurs 26
1 blk punt

Parade Highschool All American Honorable Mention
First Team All- State Florida
2A Defensive Player of the Year
Simmons, 6-foot-4, 215 pounds

Simmons played one year DE and Carter played 2.

One rated 5* the other 3*.
Carter played the game to the end
Simmons shut his recruitment down when he committed to GT.
Personally I don't really understand why Simmons flew so low under the radar. I know he played in a lower class but that class had good players in it. It'a gonna be fun to watch and for me compare both their development.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I'm intrigued by him as well, Atl. He's got great first step, the only question is whether he'll be able keep it once he gains another 25-30 LBs. He'll defnitely get stronger. Great foundation to build on, but probably won't be a factor for another year or two.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Lol.....I was lurking the UGA site the other day and there was a thread comparing Carter to Clowney.

Not even in the same breath IMO. Clowneys film was downright scary.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
I'm intrigued by him as well, Atl. He's got great first step, the only question is whether he'll be able keep it once he gains another 25-30 LBs. He'll defnitely get stronger. Great foundation to build on, but probably won't be a factor for another year or two.

How much do think he weighs? Our own website listed him at 6-3, 190 --the size of a SAFETY.He will NOT be playing DE at about 200 lbs.So he really is a light LB

yellowRambler

Jolly Good Fellow
My prediction is that Simmons doesn't get redshirted. Really looking forward to Whithead, Robbins and Simmons at the ends. I have high expectations for them.

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Carter is more filled out and has more moves for rushing the passer. SImmons has lots of potential though.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if Simmons was better than Carter by the time they are Juniors.

However, Carter is a really good player but a little overrated in my eyes.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Carter is good, but he's no Clowney. He has great measurables but I just dont see that nastiness. He will be a solid player, Simmons on the other hand reminds me alot of Attachou. If they were to get the same amount of PT I would think Simmons would end up with more sacks

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Carter is good, but he's no Clowney. He has great measurables but I just dont see that nastiness. He will be a solid player, Simmons on the other hand reminds me alot of Attachou. If they were to get the same amount of PT I would think Simmons would end up with more sacks
Do you mean more than attachou?The leading sack in history for Tech--that is a stretch

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
[quoe="alaguy, post: 34086, member: 668"]Do you mean more than attachou?The leading sack in history for Tech--that is a stretch[/quote]
Naw i mean more than Carter