Looks like we have news on Kenderius Whitehead

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
This kid could be worth around three 4 stars before it is over. Or in our case, five 4 stars based on the success rate of late. Our D needs a play maker on the edge for us not to take 3 steps back. This guy could be the answer as he is not a 17 year old kid coming in like Jerry was 4 years ago. I know I have been holding back my excitement because of the tough road from JC to GT but he is here!!!!!!!!! Let the party begin. Or maybe just let the practice begin.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well, the kid was an All American at his level last year. That speaks volumes to me. At the very least we know he will contribute quality time out there.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
From his tape it looks like he plays with a high motor and alot of passion, 2 things that are often overlooked and 2 things that have to be in place in order to have a great defense. We have a bunch of guys on this years defense with those attributes, Gostis, Whitehead, Freeman, Stargel, Nealy, and Davis are all known for playing with a high motor. Most we haven't seen in a game but we could be in for a pleasant surprise on defense.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think Whitehead instantly moves to the top of the depth chart. I wouldn't be surprised to see both him and Freeman on the field at the same time in many situations.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
One thing that Kenderius bring to table is that he has experience beyond HS, he knows what it's going to take to be successful at the collegiate level. Add that to his physical skills I feel he will be ready to go day 1. This will allow Freeman to have time to grow as a player and not face as steep a learning curve as he might have.

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Can we change the thread title to good news? My heart hit the floor when I read it and after the past few weeks the next time I might need a defibrillator.
+1 I got really scared for the 2 seconds it took to open the thread. I just assume all news is bad news nowadays lol

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
One thing that Kenderius bring to table is that he has experience beyond HS, he knows what it's going to take to be successful at the collegiate level. Add that to his physical skills I feel he will be ready to go day 1. This will allow Freeman to have time to grow as a player and not face as steep a learning curve as he might have.

I agree with you but I feel confident that Freeman will be in the 2-deep and get plenty of reps this season. At least now, he might not have to be the starter and carry the bulk of the load.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Apparently, he's not officially enrolled yet but is allowed to participate while they work through the final hurdles of getting him cleared. Must still be at least something to worry about because it's not a completely done deal yet.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
$#@#^& :yuck::banghead:

Assume he's confident that'll happen or he would be here (I assume). Hope the answer - one way or the other - comes out soon.