RB I'Tavius Mathers - 82 carries 505 yards and 3 TDs
RB Jaylen Walton - 97 carries 470 yards and 6 TDs
WR Donte Moncrief - 53 receptions 825 yards and 5 Tds
WR Ja'mes Logan - 44 receptions for 583 yards and 3 TDs
WR Laquan Treadwell 67 receptions 557 yards and 5 TDs
LB Serderius Bryant - 70 tackles
S Cody Prewitt - 70 tackles and 6 Ints

Ole Miss has some young...Treadwell, Tunsil, Engram are all True Freshman

Robert Nkemdiche is one to watch on the DL...really talented.

Team Stats

Passing yards per game - 24th overall, 285.6 per game
Rushing yards per game - 43rd overall, 187.4 per game
Points per game - 60th overall, 30.4 per game
Points against per game - 41st, 24.3 per game

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Well no doubt thay have talent but defense is not that great.I watched them three times and its clear they are dependant on big plays on both sides of the ball.One thing that stood out is how exciting they are among themselves. They have lot of hustle....but don't think they can handle our offense.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I saw them vs Vandy and LSU and Bama and yeah offense can score since they have skill folks but to me....they are not all that strong on defense.They do play as a motivated bunch though so we have to show up and play ball but think we take them

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Hate to say it but they look like decent team(I've seen them).we just are not that strong vs decent teams--esp in bowl games.
They have too many playmakers on both sides of ball unless we can play steadier than before.

GT_Inta-neer

Georgia Tech Fan
I don't really have a good feeling about this game. Ole Miss is pretty young and they didn't play up to expectations this year. With all the extra bowl practices and time to prepare for our offense, I am not confident. I would just love to see GT come out in the bowl game and just air the ball out with a passing game and throw Ole Miss off completely.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
I'm surprised how much they spread it around in the air. The games I saw it seemed like Treadwell took over when they needed him.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Well no doubt thay have talent but defense is not that great.I watched them three times and its clear they are dependant on big plays on both sides of the ball.One thing that stood out is how exciting they are among themselves. They have lot of hustle....but don't think they can handle our offense.

My fear is that their two very large defensive tackles will spend a lot of time in our backfield, disrupting the mesh point and we will never adjust to it.
Nkemdiche is big, fast, and strong...and by this point has played an entire season of SEC football, so he has some experience now, too.

I'd love to be wrong but I think Ole Miss wins this one by a TD.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
This team is going to be tough for Tech. That offense is spreads the ball all over the field and against out secondary it could be a long day.
Denzel is a freaking animal he plays with a motor all over the field and may have a little fure in his belly to play Tech. The big young DE are also a match up nightmare for our O Line. The one thing is that their D is undisiplined and maybe that opens the door for The Option, even with a month for them to prepare for it.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
This year's Ole Miss game against Auburn may give some clues as to how they will play us on defense.....

Interesting defensive alignment. A bear looking front three with a very wide DE, and two LBs deep off the line, both lined up wide... I hope they play us that way

slugboy

Staff member
This team is going to be tough for Tech. That offense is spreads the ball all over the field and against out secondary it could be a long day.
Denzel is a freaking animal he plays with a motor all over the field and may have a little fure in his belly to play Tech. The big young DE are also a match up nightmare for our O Line. The one thing is that their D is undisiplined and maybe that opens the door for The Option, even with a month for them to prepare for it.
Agree. We'll see how Ted Roof coaches and what he can do with what he's got. Maybe he can scheme up something.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Agree. We'll see how Ted Roof coaches and what he can do with what he's got. Maybe he can scheme up something.
he wil play patsy with their QB "hoping" that he will screw up(which he has) but at end we will see that it didn't work(see uga)

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Please clarify how Roof screwed up. We don't want this forum to become a place for baseless potshots at players or coaches, imo.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
I have watched Nkemdiche play this year and he is a talented player. His strength and ability to push OL around is impressive but his lateral quickness was not. This would persuade running the mesh read (TO) to his side imo.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Mississippi is well coached football team.They beat LSU and for a quarter played Bama tough.I would think with three weeks to stop the option they would do the same as others have done..stop the dive hole and make the qb pitch quick.Now they are young on the d side of the ball and do have couple of big and talented lineman but we should be able to get outside..The Vandy game and LSU showed me they can be tough if they get a break.I think we still win but man do we have to play.