LOL Sirius FirstTeam

Yella-Britches

Georgia Tech Fan
Yeah - these SEC Homers nearly got me to cancel my subscription. I was listening to some of their top 40 and once they got near the top ten I figured there is no way Tech is on the list. I must have been listening when we were NOT # 20!! :woot:
BTW, if you are paying full price for Sirius XM - stop doing that! I called to cancel and was offered my one year subscription for half price. Since then I've come across a couple others at work who say they get the subscription at half price every year.
Go Jackets!!
THWG!!!

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Yeah - these SEC Homers nearly got me to cancel my subscription. I was listening to some of their top 40 and once they got near the top ten I figured there is no way Tech is on the list. I must have been listening when we were NOT # 20!! :woot:
BTW, if you are paying full price for Sirius XM - stop doing that! I called to cancel and was offered my one year subscription for half price. Since then I've come across a couple others at work who say they get the subscription at half price every year.
Go Jackets!!
THWG!!!
Remember when satellite radio was going to revolutionize the industry? I don't have it but a friend does and he also pays half price, using the same technique. Obviously Sirius XM needs cash flow.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
This morning, I was absolutely convinced that GT was a top ten team.

Then, the call came. From an area code in Bristol, CT.

I can't tell you what we discussed - rather, what they discussed - I was too busy gulping - but it is clear to me now that every team from the SEC should be in the top ten. I would even go so far as to say that we need to cram some more numbers between 1 and ten to compensate for the failure of the Roman numeral system to find a place for all SEC teams to fit in the top ten.

There, ESPN, can I have my family back now?

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
This love affair everyone has with Arkansas is hilarious. They did not win a conference game last year and everyone has them in the top 25.

I guess the argument is: "they played in the SEC west," but I'm not so sure they would have fared much better in any other division.

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Go Jackets!!
THWG!!!
Agree. They're terrible, but Mark Packer is pretty good in the afternoon (plus he has Wes Durham on about once/week). Dan Hawkins was giving us love earlier this week in fact (on Packer's show).
I've gotten 1/2 price on Sirius for a few years now - I do exactly that (call to cancel). If you have it in your car, it's free for everyone until May 31 - not sure if College Sports Nation is available though (91 on Sirius).

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Also, someone called in this morning and specifically asked where they had us ranked. I think he thought about going into it for a minute but figured he'd get the plug pulled. I'm glad he asked anyway - plus gave JT some love.

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This love affair everyone has with Arkansas is hilarious. They did not win a conference game last year and everyone has them in the top 25.

I guess the argument is: "they played in the SEC west," but I'm not so sure they would have fared much better in any other division.
We've won more SEC games than them the last two years!

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Also, someone called in this morning and specifically asked where they had us ranked. I think he thought about going into it for a minute but figured he'd get the plug pulled. I'm glad he asked anyway - plus gave JT some love.

What did they say? Were they trolling us or Cal fans harder?

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
What did they say? Were they trolling us or Cal fans harder?
The caller just asked where they had us ranked, they hemmed and hawed for a second before saying '20'. The caller seemed like he was about to pursue it but didn't - he just pointed out that they were going on about qb play and he thought JT was one of the best returning qbs. I could've read it wrong, I don't know - I actually had just turned the radio on when they took his call. Then he went in a different direction about defensive coordinators. The 1st team clowns didn't address anything - they just continued as if they'd covered it before.

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow

They won two SEC games last year (same as us) but your point remains. Maybe they are good but I guarantee you teams outside of the SEC wouldn't get that kind of treatment coming off of a 7-6 season. It's really turned into a big joke.

McElroy is the worst. He might be the biggest homer out of all the ESPN/SEC network talking heads and that's saying something when you have Pollack and others. I remember listening to him during the basketball season and he was trying to hype up SEC basketball because Alabama won an NIT game and Ole Miss won the NCAA play in game. He was saying how those two wins actually showed that the SEC was one of the best and deepest conferences in college basketball.

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
They won two SEC games last year (same as us) but your point remains. Maybe they are good but I guarantee you teams outside of the SEC wouldn't get that kind of treatment coming off of a 7-6 season. It's really turned into a big joke.

McElroy is the worst. He might be the biggest homer out of all the ESPN/SEC network talking heads and that's saying something when you have Pollack and others. I remember listening to him during the basketball season and he was trying to hype up SEC basketball because Alabama won an NIT game and Ole Miss won the NCAA play in game. He was saying how those two wins actually showed that the SEC was one of the best and deepest conferences in college basketball.
Good point - I was thinking they won one for some reason. It IS a joke.

I've got nothing to add to your second paragraph because you nailed it.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
This morning, I was absolutely convinced that GT was a top ten team.

Then, the call came. From an area code in Bristol, CT.

I can't tell you what we discussed - rather, what they discussed - I was too busy gulping - but it is clear to me now that every team from the SEC should be in the top ten. I would even go so far as to say that we need to cram some more numbers between 1 and ten to compensate for the failure of the Roman numeral system to find a place for all SEC teams to fit in the top ten.

There, ESPN, can I have my family back now?
Please tell me that MSU, as in Mississippi, is not in there?

bke1984

Helluva Engineer

Not sure where I got 0 conference wins from...I guess I was thinking of 2013. Kind of sad you get to go to a bowl game at 2-6 in conference though. Either way, I doubt we'll see Arkansas at 10-2 this year