Lo Wood

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I think I posted this awhile back..if I didnt sorry. I know I posted in that chat that he wasnt coming here.

It was our decision.

GTBillyJosh

Jolly Good Fellow
Any reason why we wouldn't need him? Are we comfortable where we are with DB's? Or is it more because we are trying to fill up the last couple ships at other positions? I guess since we have ~5 DB's coming in this class, we're probably set. Plus Johnson and Golden are coming back off injury.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Any reason why we wouldn't need him? Are we comfortable where we are with DB's? Or is it more because we are trying to fill up the last couple ships at other positions? I guess since we have ~5 DB's coming in this class, we're probably set. Plus Johnson and Golden are coming back off injury.

They would rather take another recruit than him.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
It is my opinion that the coaches made the right choice. All recruits know they are to expect competition for a job, so they do not take it wrongly when others are thrown in the competition with them. However, this situation did not sit right with me, and I believe it could have negative complications with the present DBs. Here is a Notre Dame player (previously injured) who is returning from injury, and thinks he cannot compete with the starters at Notre Dame, so he seeks out other schools of which he thinks he has a chance to start.

Since he was recruited by Tech, he knows we are losing some DBs so he checks with us. Now, think of the ramifications if he was accepted, and felt he was better than the present Tech backs. Now, the present Tech backs all think they have a shot at the replacement spots. Here comes a player who is convinced he could not start at Notre Dame, but could beat out our players (even recovering from an injury). First, I would guess the present players would not look favorable to this, and they might get the opinion that they were not considered by the coach to be as good as players on other teams, if they can easily be replaced by a transfer. If he were to beat out one of our present players, I believe there could be some internal problems among the players. Confidence is a huge item in winning. A team without confidence is a loser. If the transfer, who left ND with no confidence, beat out a present player, this would not bode well for the confidence of all the Tech defensive backs. It would be a negative confidence factor and possibly reduce harmony on the team.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
I think this is a wise decision by the staff. Rather take another recruit who will be here longer than someone who might not even be capable of beating who we have out now.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Agree. Why would we be all up in arms over a guy that can't get it done at another D-1 school. Plus I'd hate it if he didn't get the start and got sour because of it.

This is a guy who is has one last chance to impress NFL scouts and he will get sour quick if it doesn't work out wherever he goes.

There's also the self entitlement thing too.

Lots of risks so I can understand passing in him.