Living a Dream Wiley Ballard Story

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'm afraid our days of enjoying Wiley calling GT baseball are numbered. I have no info on his "contracts" or obligations... but this seems to me a sign that something other than GT is priority.

Not a criticism of Wiley. He's very good & only improving. GT will ultimately be his foundation to a great career in broadcasting.

I'll treasure whatever we get from him going forward.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I'm afraid our days of enjoying Wiley calling GT baseball are numbered. I have no info on his "contracts" or obligations... but this seems to me a sign that something other than GT is priority.

Not a criticism of Wiley. He's very good & only improving. GT will ultimately be his foundation to a great career in broadcasting.

I'll treasure whatever we get from him going forward.

He “quietly” called some of Auburn’s games last year. Since Demetra is the “primary” play-by-play guy, Wiley gets demoted to the radio broadcast when Demetra is in town. Going to Auburn gives him the TV broadcast which comes along with much better pay. I hope Wiley stays because he’s always a joy to talk to when I get back on campus, but as long as Demetra is at Tech Wiley will have to look for other opportunities to move up in the broadcasting world. He’s done a little bit of radio work for the Braves, and of course he’s done sideline work for Tech football. Wouldn’t surprise me if he eventually got a job for an RSN as a sideline reporter or color commentary job.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
He “quietly” called some of Auburn’s games last year. Since Demetra is the “primary” play-by-play guy, Wiley gets demoted to the radio broadcast when Demetra is in town. Going to Auburn gives him the TV broadcast which comes along with much better pay. I hope Wiley stays because he’s always a joy to talk to when I get back on campus, but as long as Demetra is at Tech Wiley will have to look for other opportunities to move up in the broadcasting world. He’s done a little bit of radio work for the Braves, and of course he’s done sideline work for Tech football. Wouldn’t surprise me if he eventually got a job for an RSN as a sideline reporter or color commentary job.
Ok. But neither Demetra or Wiley are on GT broadcast today & tomorrow.